Rp4 to rt3200 vlan trunk to carry rt3200 wlan traffic

@psherman I'm not sure if you understand the problem.

It is wlan that does not work on vlans with DSA. Lan ports work fine, regardless of their DSA settings.

So I think this is a bug: DSA on the RT3200 does not work for wlan clients when using vlans.

If you disagree, please can you send me a known working config I can compare it with?

The purpose of this wired test it to make sure the tagged network is traversing the entire way between your main router and this device, and that device connected to the untagged port 2 gets an ip as expected. We will get to the wireless after this is proven to work.

@psherman I've already stated that above in the initial reply. And in the following response.

Yes. Lan ports all work fine.

@psherman

Would you like to try anything else to get the WLAN working in DSA? Lan has always worked fine.

@psherman are you ready to proceed with the WLAN analysis on DSA please?

Sorry... I've been busy and this slipped through the cracks.

I did see another report of this same issue (along with an actual filed bug)... I'll see if I can find it since it may confirm your earlier statement that things are broken. I know that there are lots of examples where DSA VLANs + wifi works exactly as expected, but maybe what I missed was that there may be a target specific bug that is causing this to fail on the device you're using.

I'll search for that report and add that when I find it...

But, back to your specific issue...

• Just to confirm, you've tested and verified that a device plugged into port 2 or 3 gets an IP and connectivty as expected, thus proving that your upstream network is configured properly, and that the DSA handling of the tagged network on port 1 and that same network untagged on ports 2 and 3 is all working, correct?

Assuming that the above is true... what happens if you disable th 5G radio for now. Having only one radio active (vs both) shouldn't make a difference, but it would be good verify this.

Thank you and yes, all works perfectly to the internet and back from a Lan port. Just Wlan Traffic gets no traffic at all. So please go head with that. It's a Belkin RT3200.

I'll try with just the 2.4g radio and report back.

Found it..

@psherman
Tests so far on the dumb AP:

1. Turn off 5G radio and the VLAN traffic started to flow over VLAN

2. Turn it back on and traffic continues to flow

3. Add a new guest VLAN and everything works as expected

4. Reboot both AP and RTR and traffic stops flowing on VLANS

5. Reinstall and GOTO 1.

My question is, is this related to the mac address ageing defect?