Routing between LAN and WLAN weirdnes

Hi! I am really confused : I installed OpenWrt 19.07.4 on an old Raspberry 1 B to use it as a simple routing AP. I added a USB-Wlan-Stick, wich works fine. Now to my Problem :

I changed the LAN Interface to a free static IP in my home network and disabled DHCP, and created a new WLan AP. Then I added a new Interface (wlan0) and added it to a new firewall zone named WLAN, gave that a static IP different from my home network and enabled DHCP. Firewall rules are set to accept all from both zones. Now, if I connect to the new AP, the DHCP request from the client is forwarded to my main router (i can see it there with logread -f) instead of being answerd from the raspberry? I can even see all my UPNP devices in my home network, as if those interfaces are bridged, but they are not? What am I missing??

Arg. Forget what I said: There WAS a bridge between lan and wlan, configured in the LAN interface............ BUT, after removing the bridge, i got an IP once, but now, i didnt even get an IP from the raspberry .....

Edit : I am totally lost. Now i have set up WAN using the LAN port, serup LAN using my WLAN, and STILL i get no IP from DHCP? I have almost the same thing setup on my main router (interfaces are WAN over PPPOE, LAN over lan, WLAN over WLAN usb stick) where it is working as expected. All I want is my raspberry routing from a configured WLAN AP into my home network, cant be so hard??

Setting WAN with static IP and LAN with another static IP and DHCP should be the standard use case, why isnt it working here? starting from scratch again in case i did something weird in between.....

finish : restartet with a new image, changed the order of configuration (configured wan with ethernet port and static ip first, then created AP, then add interface WLAN, set firewall zone to lan) now its working....

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.