Router with SIM Card and redirect to webpage from specific computer

Problem isn't the amout of users, but if the access happens all at once, or randomly through out the day.

There's a big diff, hw wise, between 200 users now, and 200 users spread out over, say >8 hours.

Check the ZBT devices, or any random router with at least one USB3 port, where you could plug in a LTE modem, or some old cell phone.

It´s moreless unrealistic that user will be at the same time at the webpage...Which kind of option are than possible for scalability?

You did say 50 and 200 user, so it doesn't really answer the question...

Same user 50/200 times, or 50/200 users?

50/200 different user

It contradicts what you wrote previously...

And it still doesn't say anything about the user frequency.

See the following pages:
https://openwrt.org/tag/1sim
https://openwrt.org/tag/2sim

Probably not what you want to hear, but this has been done commercially in numerous proprietary projects using openNDS, and available, I think, to purchase as a complete system from at least some of those companies.

But still, openNDS is open source so you are welcome to develop your own version of what has become known as "Museum Info Portal" or similar.

You will probably get some hints if you open an issue at openNDS on Github at:

do you have some recommendations for a Router with Sim card which can be used with Open Wrt?
I had already a look into the list - but I´, not sure which should be the best.

Which of them can you recommend which is working properly with Open Wrt?
Is it better to use a router with the SIM card integrated or use a Router with USB port and connect another device to it?

ZBTWE826-T + modem as low cost device; Teltonika 955 as (almost) industry grade quality. Take your choice; both (can) run using LTE-Modem.

There's a new boot loader in the RUT though, not accepting openwrt.

Ok, seems Teltonika 955 is what I´m looking for.
But @frollic you are want to say, that Open WRT is not working with Teltonika 955?

it's probably working just fine, but it can't be flashed.

but it also depends on what version of the loader the devices ship with, it might be old enough
from factory, but gets replaced when/if you update the official fw.
only making sure you're aware of the risk, don't own the device myself, but happened to see the thread.

it's a gamble.

it can´t be flashed means I cannot install Open WRT?
I need such device not only 1 time. I want to sell my software with the router completelly. Therefore I need a stable solution / router.

If I buy the router today and the newest firmware is on it, i cannot install Open WRT, right?

correct

read the thread, ask your RUT questions in it, I don't know more than what's already in there ...

I'm no expert on LTE but the Teltonika 955 is only CAT4 and limited to 150Mbit/s isn't there merit in getting a higher spec proprietary LTE router/modem and placing in bridge mode (or equivalent) and coupling to an OpenWrt router? For example the B818-263 is CAT19 and offers features that in the right conditions will give very high throughput.

See e.g. here:

https://www.sharetechnote.com/html/LTE_Advanced_UE_Category.html

I'm open minded - if there's a better product out there than the B818-263 or particular benefit in having OpenWrt on router w/ modem then I will switch over.

For industrial grade openwrt devices, I only use EC-25 or MC7455, depending upon required speed.

B818-263 seems like to option for me... seems for me too big and i want to built the router inside a device....
Teltonika 955 seems OK, but if it´s not working with Open Wrt it´s for me a show stopper...

It might be a good idea, to update https://openwrt.org/toh/teltonika/rut955 to give a WARNING to the public.

@frollic @vished
I have found a solution to the problem. It is possible to flash RUT955, and probably any Teltontika device via ssh

1. Login
  2. Upload the image
  3. Use sysupgrade -F /tmp/IMAGENAME this will ignore the checksum function that the bootloader is using.
1 Like