Router recommendation, 500 mbps down, gigabit, good wifi and wireguard server+client

Hi, I'm finally fed up with my current Linksys wrt 1200acs router. The wifi signal and coverage is worse than on my old asus router I owned before. Now I think it's breaking down, had hickups both in internet connection and lan connection breaking up.

So I'd like to get recommendations for a new good openwrt router here, now to the questions:

• How fast is your internet connection? 300 mbps down, 30 mbps up

• Do you need Wi-Fi? * good 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi strength and coverage in my flat is important for me.

• Do you need Gigabit Ethernet? yes, amongst other things a gigabit nas and gigabit switch will be attached to the router. I need a minimum of 4 gigabit lan ports.

• Do you need USB ports? not really, no.

• How many family members/devices must the router support? 2

• What other services do you want? I'd like to run both wireguard vpn server and client on it. No idea how much cpu power that will need, I just know that it should be waay less resoure-hungry than openvpn.

• Finally, please define your price range. I don't want to spend more than 120 € for the router. If there are cheaper routers that can handle what I need.. even better!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Look for something based on IPQ4018/IPQ4019, if you're lucky you might find something based on MT7622 at that price range but I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 Like

Thx, I found this one available near me and I think I'm gonna try it:
MikroTik RBD52G-5HACD2HND-TC

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.