Route to OpenWrt

If your openwrt device is a DSL router, with no real WAN port, you might have to make all the LAN ports WAN.

Perhaps @moeller0 have a suggestion...

Ok from the beginning they are all bridged, i only use Wlan

Did i not need to setup DHCP server on OpenWrt?
With this setup

You do, since the bridged modem only gives you one IP, ideally, you also need a WAN port.

How about a diagram to show your topology. You can do a sketch on paper and then upload a photo.

On your diagram, make it clear:

• what is wirelessly connected
  • what is wired
  • brand/model numbers of your network devices
  • IP addresses of each of those devices.
1 Like

Ok sure, its 22 pm here i will reply in 15 hours

Thanks, I am however not fully understanding the situation.

If the Fritz!Box 7432 sl with firmware 22

is the OpenWrt device it should probably be configured to use one of the switch ports as true WAN (and then if the "modem" is in the 192.168.1.0/24 network the OpenWrt router would need to be configured for a different subnet, I happen to like 192.168.42.0/24, but that is just one option). Then it should be possible to use the FB as full OpenWrt router albeit in a double NAT configuration.
But again I am not sure I understand the issue fully.

Here is the situation, i dont know how to set up, i tried so many times that iam currently only listening.

and the openwrt device is a Fritz!Box 7432 ?

Yeah it is

Just read through this entire topic,
As mk24 hinted,
Since you mentioned DSL, in your OpenWrt router, did you select PPPoE for protocol and enter corresponding information provided by your ISP. e.g. username, password ...

Network > Interfaces > WAN > Edit > General Settings > Protocol > PPPoE

Default protocol for OpenWrt is DHCP, which is internet provided via cable not DSL/ADSL (telephone line).

Just noticed on your diagram, you have displayed LAN to LAN
Your network cable should be connected to a LAN port on the modem
and
Network cable should be connected to the WAN port on your router.

Problem is, there's no WAN port, and bridged modem only gives away one IP.

Hance the suggestion to put the LAN ports in the WAN zone.

Just did a quick websearch and did not find such a model. ??

Do you have a link to that model?

Why is that necessary, its an Fritz!Box 7360 sl

So that users here can check specifications, diagrams...

And having looked at the 7360SL,
As frollic pointed out, your router (actually intended as a DSL/ADSL gateway device not a standard router!) does not have a WAN port
and as moeller0 posted,
That router will need to have one of the LAN ports configured as a WAN port.

Good luck.

based on the last sentence on the device page, converting one LAN port to WAN is doable, question is just how it's done ...

I can confirm its works couse all "Lan" ports are bridged together, the only thing is to gate it correctly Dns or not how to setup DHCP server

Well, it could work, if you set your br-lan as dhcp client, instead of static IP, and you know for sure your modem only gives out one IP.

But ideally, one of the LAN ports should be made WAN.

OK i tested and got it working half backed with my dsl router, internet worked but i was not abel to go to any website only googel worked. That should be the dns but iam total noob with that, i tryed to set the dns to my main router 192.168.100.1 but nothing. Really not that easy as a device with a wan port.
I now use a Fritz!Box 4040 which has wan port and it worked directly. I tryed to copy the config from 4040 to my 7360 sl and changed eth0 to lan1 but that did not work.
I think i need an "Extra" interface and route it somehow together, i also noticed i was on the 4040 abel to reach my bridge device without setting things up. On the 7360 sl i need to use ans "alias" of "lan" and set it to 192.168.100.2 which will assume the main router is 192.168.100.1 in gateaway.
I only can use alias to reach the modem, that means i cannot add just a static adress and reach it. They should be somehow linked together, i think. I only did not have an "wan" port and it makes so headache.
Maybe someone here have expirence with an device without "wan" port. Would really like if somone can help me to set it up

I got it now fully working by alias the br lan, now it works without need v-switch or a wan port.
I aliased the normal dhcp client. That easy.