Restful API Support Help

Hi all,

I'm looking to implement some Restful API, and I've looked around and seen some people have recommended using Lua as Luci was built on top of this. However I wanted to see if there are any other languages & or Frameworks that anyone has used and found to be good?

I would have thought, running something like Micro-python with Flask for this would be a good idea, but I'm not entirely sure about that. And would love to hear if anyone's been down this road and what they made out of it.

Thanks!

On which device are you installing?

Python alone is a stretch to install on a 16 MB device, and tends to be RAM hungry compared to Lua.

Not entirely sure, I was trying to make as generic as possible. But yeah if we say 16 MB device that would sound like a reasonable size.

Do you know of any good Lua Frameworks to work with? I've looked at Lapis and not sure how good that ranks.

Depending on what you're doing, there is an RPC framework in place. I haven't used it myself, but it may provide much of what you need already. Some references I found include:

1 Like