Resilio-Sync cannot start up with router due to nothing in /proc

Hi. I have a armhf based router flashed with the up-to-date openwrt. And I followed https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/chroot to install resilio-sync into it.

When I try to start it, it always failed with error related to empty /proc. So I fix it by adding command "mount --bind -t proc /proc /mnt/sda1/proc" in start and restart block of /etc/init.d/resilio-sync file, before chroot callings.

Now, I can start it with command "/etc/init.d/resilio-sync start" manually from terminal. But it cannot start with system. I see such lines in system log:

Wed Oct 20 17:58:48 2021 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S99resilio-sync: Starting Resilio Sync
Wed Oct 20 17:58:48 2021 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S99resilio-sync: start-stop-daemon: nothing in /proc - not mounted?

Any idea? Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Enable logging in the init script and collect the startup log.
Verify the mount command is successful before proceeding.
See also: [rclone] Init.d script - why does this fail?

2 Likes

Aye, seems possible or even probable that @vgaetera's solution in the copied thread might help. Environment variable needing setting?

Can enable logging with:

exec &> /tmp/log-name.log

And see:

1 Like

Thanks. In log, I found that the mount command is failed.

mount: bad usage

Now i'm checking how to use it right....

1 Like

Get it. "-t proc" is the problem. Removing this parameter fixes it.

Thanks you all.

I cannot update the CHROOT doc so I write a post here instead. Hope someone with privilege could update the official doc as well.

2 Likes

Nice website. Good that you take the time to reflect on life and technical matters and help others.

Life is too fast for me and passes like a blur. Need to slow down and take time to reflect.

Best wishes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.