Reset Button & other things

Hello All!

I want to know how can I disable the reset button via software/telnet.

I'm an ISP and in DD-WRT I access the router via telnet, and I can change some settings like: ppoe user and password, SSID and password and I can list the IPs of router clients.

I can do this in OpenWRT/Lede?

I'm using TP-LINK routers.

Thanks

This is frequently asked, so searching will find more extensive answers. The bottom line is that pressing the reset button runs a script in /etc/rc.button, which you can edit or remove. Unlike DD-WRT, the whole filesystem is writeable, so it is not a "development" issue to change the script, it can be done after installation as a "usage" scenario.

Telnet has been removed from OpenWrt because it is not secure. SSH can be used to log into the router from either the LAN or the WAN if configured to allow it. A SSH user has root access thus can observe or modify anything.

Try removing the following line from the reset script in /etc/rc.button

jffs2reset -y && reboot &

Credited to this OpenWrt thread...

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=50277

Thanks a lot!
What about my other questions, like change pppoe and ssid passwords via command line?
I'm new in openwrt/lede-project, so how can I personalize and recompile my own firmware?

Are you talking about remotely accessing the router using the command line? If so, seriously reconsider that approach...a VPN connection would be an option.

Otherwise, once you are in, you would edit /etc/config/network and /etc/config/wireless.

For doing your own firmware, you might start with the Developer Guide, and particularly ImageBuilder...

@aurelionet I do basically everything via the command line and manage my configuration with git. Under the covers, OpenWRT is a reasonably well-featured Linux-based system. The use of UCI is challenging at some times, if you're used to other file-based configuration systems, but most everything is in /etc/config, or in /etc itself.

Edit: I usually directly edit the files. The UCI command or the LuCI GUI have a tendency to "rewrite" the files, stripping out all the comments that I use to remind me what I was doing when I come back a year later :wink:

DD-WRT have this function, tell you a true story, I switched it on, and I forgot my admin password, so I have to buy a new router.