Request: tester for ipq8064 soc

yes didn't notice that

I am going to build and flash it now :wink:

I didn't notice any sudden disconnection these days...
This is the dmesg section of yesterday:

[337384.854216] qca8k 37000000.mdio-mii:10 lan2: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
[337384.854324] br-lan: port 2(lan2) entered blocking state
[337384.861545] br-lan: port 2(lan2) entered forwarding state
[365290.188721] qca8k 37000000.mdio-mii:10 lan2: Link is Down

365290−337384 = 27906
27906/60/60 = ~8 hours of connection (it's right)

Is there any chance that a fast disconnection can't be detected by the driver?

Problem is that sometimes the port goes down and up without a reason... found the cause in the mdio driver that it should be good now... but still some lan port still have this problem (don't know if it's caused but the other device connected)
anyway i have almost 3 days of wan connection up so could be some eee protocol that cause some problem with the switch (in the original driver any eee is disabled since it does cause stability problem)

My PPPoE is still up after 5 days :wink:

yes that could be a hint that the lan port drop because some energy efficient protocol are applied to the port.

Think we can move here... I moved all the testing commit to the kernel 5.10 bump...

Good job! I'm not at home this week but I'll try to upgrade my C2600 remotely to test your PR. Settings should be the same as your last DSA version right?

mhhh honestly i would suggest you to remote upgrade it only if you really can... (so only if the device is not critical and IT'S NOT A PROBLEM IF IT HAS WHATEVER PROBLEM THAT WOULD CAUSE ANY MALFUNCTION)

My C2600 is a dumb router, so not critical. Anyway, it's now upgraded and fully functional.

good to know... Can you confirm it's kernel 5.10 ? Also can you post a logread?

Yes, it's a C2600 on kernel 5.10. I've just pm'd you the log. Cheers.

@rog thx for the log... it looks clean.

Anyway i think i will close this and move to the 5.10 testing since they have the same patches + new kernel.

Again thx a lot to everyone.

2 Likes

I flashed with your 5.10 for my c2600 and there is no wireless tab...
I reflashed, rebooting.. still no wireless option in network

can you give me a logread?

the regular syslog?

log

what I just did,

rm -f /etc/config/wireless

wifi config > /etc/config/wireless

with that, wireless appeared in winscp but it is completely empty and still not there in LuCi

I've seen the same thing with @ACwifidude build some months ago. I sysupgraded with the same build and it was ok.

The problem is that for some resson in your image there isn't any WiFi firmware for ath10k

ok thank you, I recompile. no error during the build.

I flashed with sysupgrade, and now I have nothing.. weird.

via ethernet, no acces, the router is booting ok but without access with cable.

So I can't use tftp, nothing, but it works on r7800

that is strange... @rog has a c2600 like you and works normally

Yep. My C2600 is fully functional. It's a dumb AP but works alright.

@PerkelSimon: did you sysupgrade without keeping settings, right?