Request:: Can we officially add support for Telegraf?

Hello, can someone build/add support for Telegraf as it's available for ARM.
Collectd is nice but it was dropped from influxdb 2.0. Telegraf is great and would be great to have on OpenWRT.

1 Like
1 Like

May I ask on what device you want to use it and how much (flash) memory it has available ?

While working on the package I encounter problems to reduce the size or adapting it for the most routers with only few memory capacity.

OpenWrt can do extroot too. This allows routers to use a USB or Sata or SD storage as /overlay read-write partition, and install many many packages that will never fit in the internal flash storage.

That said, the size of that telemetry agent is ridicolous. You truly did a great job to slim it down to 10 MB from 150MB.

Zabbix (another telemetry collection system) has a much smaller and lighter agent.

@Beniamin there is a Zabbix agent package for OpenWrt, you might want to look at that too.

2 Likes

Gli Brume, 8gb emmc and 1gb ram.

Yes, zabbix does exist but the server side client is really heavy on resources and I wanted everything under one pane of glass, aka grafana.

And I agree. We should not try to slim packages, rather we should extend the partitions via a USB.
I really wish openwrt had two flavors, a tiny and regular size.

what is a "server side client"? You mean the data collection server with the database and web interface or some other type of agent?

Because I'm not noticing a lot of resource usage on both agents and in data collection server

Many packages have multiple versions, with more or less features. Might be an idea for @jonnytischbein to make a "full" version of this package too for people that don't need to save space and want all the features

As you can see in my makefile I a standard (small) version and a full version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.