Replacement for TP-1043ND

Hi,

I've been using TP-1043ND v1 and v2 for years with OpenWrt and it has been prety good.
However, my main router (v2) is now showing signs of its age, so I'm wondering if I could find in black friday some sweet deal to replace it.

Last year I bought a Netgear N7000 without asking opinion here and the result was that it's not fully supported in OpenWRT, so this year I don't want to run into the same mistake.

Having this in mind, I'd like to ask for recommendations taking into consideration the features I use:

• USB, which allows me to:

• Have rootFS on a pendrive and having several sw such as openvpn, knockd, DDNS, my scripts, opkg, etc.
    • Monitor a UPS
    • Have a 3G modem to send sms
    • Interfacing with an arduino (use-serial comm)
  • Gigabit Ethernet

• VLANs

• Virtual WIFI (I have a second wifi interface bridged to the WAN interface, for guests)

• TP-1043ND radio is 2x3. Maybe we could have something better? 5GHz WIFI is not a strong requirement.

• Cost - The cheaper, the better :slight_smile:

So, any suggestion?

Thanks,
Jabss

Lots of opinions and suggestions in the very long

Between that and the Table of Hardware, you should be able to narrow it down and start looking at device-specific threads, or asking device-specific questions.

Just get something ARM(v7) or better

1 Like

Hello,

Got a sweat deal on a Linksys EA8500 for 150€ on amazon.de, shipping to Portugal included.

This model seems to have everything I need:

• 4x4 radio
  • Fast processor, Dual core
  • USB2/eSata + USB3
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • Pretty decent amount of RAM (500MB)

And since the chipset is Atheros, I'm expecting extensive OpenWRT support for WLAN and VLANs.

Just flashed OpenWRT. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replies,

Cheers,
JoaoABS

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.