I've got a BT HH 5.0A and have been having issues with it. Was running a old LEDE version. I've now upgraded to the latest firmware using serial/uboot/tftp and after rebooting I'm missing the wireless tab.
Any ideas how to get this back.
Read through a few threads and running
wifi config doesn't seem to do anything. The /etc/config/wireless file is 0 bytes. I've tried deleting and re-running wifi config and have the same issue.
uci show wireless also shows nothing.
My first suggestion would be to flash OpenWrt 21.02.1 again, using the sysupgrade image and
sysupgrade -n /tmp/openwrt-…sysupgrade.bin, ideally that sorts out the issue (by starting your configuration and the extracted/ converted wireless calibration data up new; to be on the extra safe side, let it settle for ~5 minutes, before trying to access the router after the flashing). If that sorts it out, great, all done - if not, you need to debug further (
dmesg being the first thing to take a look at).
I'm not quite sure what how you've moved from 17.01.x to 21.02.x, depending on what you did, you might have damaged the wireless calibration data - which wouldn't be good (hopefully you do have the original backups in that case), but don't worry prematurely - test the sysupgrade first.
Thanks for the suggestions. Many many hours later and a few reloads and its working.
First I did the
sysupgrade -n as you suggested. Still the issue persisted.
In the kernel logs I did find this which looks suspicious
[ 12.046355] ath9k_pci_owl_loader 0000:00:0e.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[ 12.053205] ath9k_pci_owl_loader 0000:00:0e.0: Direct firmware load for ath9k-eeprom-pci-0000:00:0e.0.bin failed with error -2
[ 12.063591] ath9k_pci_owl_loader 0000:00:0e.0: Falling back to sysfs fallback for: ath9k-eeprom-pci-0000:00:0e.0.bin
Tried flashing both the latest nightly and the stable - no go.
I didn't have a nand flash from the the original BT firmware (It was upgraded many years ago) but I did have a dump before I started messing around.
Did a restore and then loaded the latest stable and viola - it's working!
I've noticed in the kernel log the above error is no longer there and I now get:
[ 12.209492] ath9k_pci_owl_loader 0000:00:0e.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[ 12.218812] ath9k_pci_owl_loader 0000:00:0e.0: fixup device configuration
I think If I didnt have the nand dump I would have been really stuffed.
Note to self - store the dumps somewhere safe. You never know when you might need it years down the line.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.