Reddit not working

Hello.

I have installed OpenWRT 23.05.3 on my ASUS RT-N16 router. Most websites work correctly, except Reddit.

On the WAN interface I have used Google and Cloudflare DNS servers, but Reddit does not work with either of them. I tried Firefox, Chromium and Firefox for Android and none of them work. The error I get in Firefox is PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR.

I have tried loading Reddit directly from my ISP router and it works. Changing the DNS server of the WAN interface to my ISP's router address (192.168.0.1) Reddit also works, but I would like to use a different DNS than my ISP.

I do not have any proxy or VPN configured, nor have I installed adblock for now.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on on my network? Since all the other pages that I use daily work correctly.

Thanks in advance, and excuse my English from Google Translate.

When some sites liad but others don't, my two "primary suspects" are IPv6 and MTU.

1 Like

Checking the reddit forums, it seems the problem is due to a geoblocking that is only happening in Colombia.

The problem can be solved using a VPN, but it is not an OpenWRT problem

Or use your ISP to resolve reddit related FQDNs, and some other DNS for everything else ?

Makes me wonder why it works when your ISP's DNS is used.

I forgot to say that today my ISP's DNS also doesn't work with reddit :sweat_smile:.

Install https-dns-proxy, it will bypass the block, if it's dns based.

1 Like

Thanks @frollic :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.