I have been trying to compile my own OpenWRT image, but I've had a problem that the ethtool and ethtool package say they have recursive dependencies. Does anyone else have this problem, and what the simplest way of correcting it until a upstream fix is done?
tmp/.config-package.in:127844:error: recursive dependency detected!
tmp/.config-package.in:127844: symbol PACKAGE_ethtool-full depends on PACKAGE_ethtool
tmp/.config-package.in:127831: symbol PACKAGE_ethtool is selected by PACKAGE_ethtool-full
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.rst
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
ain't no big but there is a patch
Thanks, I assumed it would be that easy. I've applied that patch, but I'm now getting the following error:
* pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency libmnl0 for ethtool-full
* check_conflicts_for: The following packages conflict with ethtool:
* check_conflicts_for: ethtool-full *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ethtool.
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for ethtool-full:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ethtool-full.
Again seems like a mistake that it should be libmnl not libmnl0, but this isn't in the MakeFile so I'm not sure where it is coming from?
The original recursive dependency warning is quite likely harmless, and you could ignore it (as it is about two conflicting variants of the same package, and not about an actual dependency)