Recommendations for a U.S. VPN provider focusing on Stability and Cost

I'm in a rural Pacific NW area with 5Mbps down on a good day. I'm looking for VPN provider recommendations focusing on reliability, cost and corporate ethics.

1 Like

Using Torguard here. No complaints.

1 Like

ovpn popped up recently in the news as they just successfully defended their no-logging policy in Court (thepiratebay case)
I would also check out AzireVPN as the're one of the first promoters of wireguard - great protocol

Only 5Mbps on a good day. Ouch. Hey, the good news is that you should have no trouble getting your max line speed even if running OpenVPN instead of Wireguard on your router!

Protonmail offers a free OpenVPN option that won't even come close to limiting your max line speed. The price is right, and protonmail is legit: https://protonvpn.com/pricing

The limitations may not work for you (e.g., no P2P for the free option), but paying for more bandwidth may not make sense for your situation.

There are numbers of VPN provider on the internet world but not every single is reliable, cost effective and corporate ethics. So before getting any vpn service, you should go with a trial and then decide either is actually reliable and secure or not. There are some reliable vpn provider that offering free trial such as CyberGhost, TunnelBear, PureVPN and ProtonVPN. My suggestion is take a first step of trial and then go further.

2 Likes

Torguard here for me too...

This chap on youtube does some decent testing on vpns and rates them accordingly... https://www.vpntierlist.com/

1 Like

good advice... i recently tested a few... and one point here... many (most) providers will force you to pay upfront and then seek a refund... a little annoying but seems to be the norm... do NOT sign up for anyone who asks for your phone number (or email preferrably but most cheap providers require this)... after recently testing around 7 providers I started getting spam phone calls (daily)...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.