Received speed is lower than contracted when using a router with OpenWrt firmware in (Radio 0) Master and Client mode

Hi everyone.

I have been in dire need of creating the post on a platform other than this one due to continuous impediments that do not give me the ability to publish in this forum in the way I wanted.

One of the limitations is: I cannot upload more than one image.

This is my first post.
And as a new user I see that I will have many more limitations.

In my post that I wanted to publish, I use more than 20 images because I want to explain graphically so that it can be understood and thus we can avoid having to call my attention for not putting the information as clear as possible.

So as I could not upload more than one image, I opened an account in imgur and there I uploaded the images and I was linking them in the post through links.

Finally when publishing I get the notification that I could not put more than 8 links.

For a moment I thought about publishing the post in 3 parts but then I was struck by the question of whether, because I was new, I would only have the right to one publication.
So I preferred not to risk it and better I have published my approach in blogspot.

I hope that a moderator understands my situation and does not overthrow this publication.
But I need you to understand that they left me no other option.
Enough effort I have invested in creating and editing the images, uploading them to a host and last but not least re-elaborating the same post almost 4 times due to other problems that I do not intend to delve into.
This apart from doing the translations since my mother language is Spanish.
English is difficult for me but even so I have made the effort to write it as clearly as possible.

This is my post

Thank you in advance for your attention.

A dual band router can do what you need but 5ghz has less range than 2.5ghz. So, test the 5ghz connection to the isp router with your phone (place phone in the router location). If the speed and consistency is good then you can get a dual band router and use the 5ghz as backhaul.

1 Like

I cant help you I just wanted to say what a thorough and well thought out first post! Holy Moly if only everyone could spend as much time doing that! and apologies for the restrictions, I'm sure you can understand why they are there for new folks. My first post here was apparently unintelligible.

1 Like

A dual band router can do what you need but 5ghz has less range than 2.5ghz. So, test the 5ghz connection to the isp router with your phone (place phone in the router location). If the speed and consistency is good then you can get a dual band router and use the 5ghz as backhaul.

Hi Randy. The speed and consistency is satisfactory, it gives me 20 Mbps from the ISP router to the phone Thank You.

I cant help you I just wanted to say what a thorough and well thought out first post! Holy Moly if only everyone could spend as much time doing that! and apologies for the restrictions, I'm sure you can understand why they are there for new folks. My first post here was apparently unintelligible.

In truth, they were weeks thinking and re-thinking about how to make what I wanted to convey understandable.
I had to learn to use gimp to edit the images and I had to open a blogger space at the end of so much frustration.
In truth, so much restriction left me no choice.

I propose that in the face of such restriction, it is allowed to elaborate the posts but those that have so much content be sent for review prior to their official publication.
Some moderators may give the green light to your publication or its rejection.

The rest of the posts that do not violate the restrictions that are published directly as it is currently.

Thank You buddy

Really? There's absolutely NO information whatsoever in that post - it's completely pointless - as for the linked post, it's really not much better - the pictures barely add anything to the text

Seriously?

There is absolutely NO information?

Did you hit your head as a child?
Do you have a cognitive disability?
Do you lack reading comprehension?

What doubts do you have about the post?

Do you want to know which devices are involved in the transmission scheme?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know how many devices have the OpenWRT firmware and its version?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know the hardware specifications of each device?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know what my ISP is?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know my contracted speed?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know how fast the retransmission is for me?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know how many SSIDs are involved in the transmission scheme?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know if the router and the ONT have good signal quality between them?
Go read the post!

Do you want to see the transmission scheme plotted for better understanding?
Go read the post!

Do you want to see the DHCP configuration of my devices?
Go read the post!

Do you want to see the tests that I have carried out before coming to ask this forum?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know if I only require 5GHz, 2.4GHz or both frequencies?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know how many gadgets I have connected to my OpenWRT network?
Go read the post!

Do you want to know exactly what I want them to help me with?
Go read the post!

I have read other posts looking for one similar to my case and in the few cases that I saw that somewhat resembled my problem, I did not understand with total clarity because it seems that those posts were made at that precise moment, without stopping to think if there was Information gaps, they are not clearly explained or I do not fully understand them because they are complex schemes, that is why in my post I decided to put images, so that there would be no doubt.

They are mistakes that I do not want to make, that is why I have prepared several images so that all the information they require can be seen at first glance in a simple way.

I can allow my publication to be ignored as it has happened these last 17 days (without complaining because they do not give me help), but what I am not going to allow is that an idiot who is lazy to read comes to detract from the great effort and dedication that I have dedicated to building this publication.

In order for me to publish this I have had to perform a lot of tests, look for the technical sheets of the devices involved, learn to use gimp to create the images that you see published, create .xcf projects and edit them over and over again to make them more and more understandable.
Yes!
those images that you so lightly belittle.
Open a blogger account and familiarize myself with the handling and editing of the entries.

If you are only going to make destructive criticisms without adding anything of value, I suggest you go by and do not comment on my post again.

Nice. Good luck on getting everything setup!

1 Like