Reboot problem OpenWrt 18.01 x86_64

Hello. I installed a 64 bit OpenWrt 18.06.1 on a mini computer with Intel J1900 cpu. Now when I reboot the router, the system freezes. How can I fix this problem?

1 Like

Maybe try different version, like generic. If the pc you used is too old, you cannot use the latest version.

There is nothing 'old' or 'low-spec' about a 2.4 GHz quad-core x86_64, with up to 16 GB RAM - and yes, you absolutely do want the latest version on such a system.

Did you try combined-ext4, combined-squashfs, generic-rootfs, rootfs-ext4 or rootfs-squashfs?

The problem only happens when i try to reboot or shut down the system. After power off / on, the system starts working normally. This may be due to disabled ACPI in the BIOS ?

Same here, I use x64 combined-ext4 on J1900.
But when I config wan to use static IP, reboot works fine, if I use pppoe on wan, reboot fail sometime, the power led on ,and hdd led off, system freezes.

And sysupgrade rebbot hang up everytime, I had to long press power button to reset device, then boot normally

I change os type in bios from windows 7 to windows 8.x and problem was resolved :grinning:

1 Like

Hi , maybe too much ram :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.