RE450 radio0 issue (access point not visible)

Hi folks,

First time posting. Please forgive if this is a noob question. I have searched the forums and googled but not had any luck with this issue. This is my first experience with OpenWrt.

So I recently installed Opwen-WRT v19.07.3 (openwrt-19.07.3-ath79-generic-tplink_re450-v2-squashfs-factory.bin) on my TP-Link RE450 v2 range extender and followed this guide to make it a repeater. I have added the client and access point devices to radio 0 (5Ghz) and radio 1 (2.4Ghz) and have named the access points OpenWrt_5G and OpenWrt_2.4G respectively.

I am able to see the OpenWrt_2.4G wireless network on all my devices and have network access through it but I do not see the OpenWrt_5G access point and the TX power displaying on my radio 0 AP is 0dbm. I tried manually setting the Tx power but then I got "device is not active" for radio 0 which persisted through a restart of the radio.

Has anyone had experience running OpenWrt on this extender and know why this could be. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Try setting radio0 channel to auto.

Thanks bluewavenet for your reply. It is set to auto now but there is no change :frowning:

Hey all,

I got it figured out for anyone having the same issue. I hope this helps. So it seems that I needed to set the channel of my 5Ghz radio to match what my main router was set to, duh. The reason I missed it is that when setting it to auto, for some reason it would not pick up the channel of my router and I was thinking it did.

Anyway once I dialed into my main router config page and got the 5Ghz transmit channel I set it the same on OpenWrt and everything worked as expected.

Thanks,
Ken

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.