Rclone on OpenWrt?

Has anyone successfully installed rclone on their router? I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS which has a 32bit ARM processor, https://rclone.org/downloads/ seems to suggest they support 32bit ARM. Is doing this too hardcore?

Thanks guys!

Bump. I couldnt find anything yet.

You need to use extroot as go itself is well beyond the size of available flash space.
There's a PR for Syncthing which also uses Go so it should be pretty good as template'

I create package of rclone. It can be passed through x86_64, and work fine.
But when using toolchain-mipsel_24kc_gcc-8.3.0_musl , I get stuck in compilation. See below:

github.com/rclone/rclone/lib/plugin
github.com/rclone/rclone/cmd/serve/webdav
github.com/rclone/rclone/cmd/serve
github.com/rclone/rclone/cmd/all
github.com/rclone/rclone
# github.com/rclone/rclone
/mnt/A/openwrt/staging_dir/hostpkg/lib/go-cross/pkg/tool/linux_amd64/link: running mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl-gcc failed: exit status 1
/mnt/A/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-mipsel_24kc_gcc-8.3.0_musl/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/8.3.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: non-dynamic relocations refer to dynamic symbol __libc_start_main
/mnt/A/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-mipsel_24kc_gcc-8.3.0_musl/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/8.3.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Cleaning module download cache (golang/go#27455)

Makefile:75: recipe for target '/mnt/A/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/rclone-1.49.5/.built' failed
make[2]: *** [/mnt/A/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/rclone-1.49.5/.built] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/mnt/A/Rclone-OpenWrt/rclone'
time: package/elonh/rclone/compile#198.51#22.26#240.84
package/Makefile:111: recipe for target 'package/elonh/rclone/compile' failed
make[1]: *** [package/elonh/rclone/compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/A/openwrt'
/mnt/A/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:225: recipe for target 'package/rclone/compile' failed
make: *** [package/rclone/compile] Error 2

I have no idea to fix it in mips

It looks like the package requires Go. I have read that Go is notoriously difficult to build and that the MIPS platform generally doesn’t have FPU support. If required, does Go build properly for you?

I wouldn't even bother trying to run Go applications on MIPS as they would run very slowly and you will most likely run into memory issues since most devices have 128Mbyte or so. Your best bet would be a FUSE driver however FUSE is very outdated on OpenWrt.

Someone tried to update FUSE but as with many PRs it never got any attention

1 Like

Hello ryrhrbhdd,
i don't know if my answer is what you need too but this is my experience with Rclone with Openwrt router
(sorry for my english)
i installed rclone on an Wrt3200
i just downloaded the 32 bits arm package, unzip it and copy/paste the executable in /usr/bin and change permission like the readme file tll to do
i can use the samba and ftp folders of the router (on an external ssd drive) and i use inotifywait to see change on a folder and to encrypt the contains and upload it to a Cloud account

Hello how are you? From openwrt 21 you can install rclone. if you have space on your router: opkg intall clone. If not, opkg install clone-config