RAVPower WD-03, Add LZMA Loader

you changed ethernet mac from &factory 0x4000 to 0x28

does this really apply to both of them?

Yep - I checked this, and it does match (this is the same as the HooToo, checked it on the RAVPower, and it matches also).

Probably just make the PR and ask them if it should be split into 2 commits to handle the rename detection issue

You can disable rename detection for git commits locally

git config --global diff.renames "false"
git config --global merge.renames "false"
git reset --soft HEAD^
git commit -c ORIG_HEAD

but as soon as I push that to github, it is the same issue on github, so theres no point

I think it should be 2 different commits but you should make the PR first and ask

first commit would be renaming things only, "wd03" to "rp-wd03"
second commit would be adding support for the ravpower

small things

they want to see DEVICE_PACKAGES not in the common definition, even though they are the same right now

Same for SOC and IMAGE_SIZE, should not be in the common part

in the new DTS you have a tab on the empty line number 9

I split it into two commits already so you can see an example here

1 Like

Thanks! Will make those code changes - then submit the PR like you say. And will ask if I need to split it.

Appreciate it!

1 Like

If it's OK with you, I'll work the split issue here :laughing:. One quick question ... am I best to start a new / clean branch, to get it worked out?

Thanks!

Yes, but in the end you should point your current PR branch to this new branch.

1 Like

And for the splitting issue, I would:

• save those modified files in their final state
  • pick parts from them
  • commit one step
  • pick the next parts from them
  • commit another step
  • etc

Yes, 100% agreed! Actually, will it let me change the PR overall - or do I need to close the current PR, create a new one later?

Thanks!

Agreed (splitting order)! I'll do it one step at a time :rofl:

DO NOT close the current PR, just force push as usual!

GitHub PR branch could easily follow your work branch:

• git checkout <your github pr branch>
  • git reset --hard <your work branch>
  • force push to GitHub

OK, step #1 out there - branch rp-wd03. I won't go to the next step until you guys are OK with it.

Thanks!

Edit your commit message accordingly for each commit. Also I think your current PR commit title is too long (long is fine for the PR itself, but not for the actual commit).

BTW to do the next set of changes, you can cherry-pick the PR commit and edit out the things you don't want for the next set of changes (at this point there would be a conflict which pauses the committing), and repeat that process. It might be faster than adding the code manually for each item. It's like reverse editing I guess.

Yes, that's my plan! I was putting the full info up front, "main" (first) commit. Then will only capture the delta in coming commits. OK?

Look better now?

Thanks!

@arrmo do stop hacking with git and help Adrian!

At first sight he did an awesome work! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! And just as I was starting to figure this out ... LMAO!

This (and the HooToo) LZMA Loader thread can be marked as solved now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.