Raspberry Pi CM4 USB

Hello,
I'm trying to get my CM4 up and working but I've some trouble with USB
I've build an image for the Raspberry Pi 4 family (seems to be the same firmware for all the versions)
It works well on a Raspberry Pi 4, at least USB2 and PCIe, my modem doesn't start when plugged in a USB3 port
Error message:

Enable of device-initiated U1 failed
Enable of device-initiated U2 failed

Not a big deal for now as I'd like to use it with USB2 and PCIe.
After these tests I decided to move on the CM4, with CM4IO carrier and nothing is detected on the USB ports, even a keyboard or a mouse are not detected.
The command lsusb doesn't report any device.

From the CM4 datasheet, the USB is disabled by default, to enable it you need to add a line in /boot/config.txt

dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host

After applying this and several reboot, power cycles, nothing new with the USB.
I'd like to make the CM4IO work before debugging my custom carrier.
Anyone has a clue to solve this issue?

Hi Vincent,
have you already found a solution for the problem with the USB interface at the CM4IO. I have exactly the same problem and made the same changes like you and no idea anymore what I can do now.

Update 08:53 am:
I think I found the solution. The kernel module "kmod-usb-dwc2" was not installed. After the installation
of this module

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg update
root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install kmod-usb-dwc2

the USB interface was working.

Don't forget the dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host entrie in the /boot/config.txt file.

Best regards
Martin

Hi Martin,
I've checked my image and in the process, somehow, dwc2 and dwc3 module has been remove from the build.
Now it's working with the config file modified.

Thanks for the tip

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.