Raspberry pi 4b - sg105E switch - vlan - not working

I know there are a lot off topics around about my question, but I'm unable to get it to work.
My setup;

Raspberry pi 4b
Clean install OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT r15952-6090337679
tp-link sg105E managed switch

Port 1 modem-internet
Port 2 Raspberry Pi4
Port 3 LAN-users-ap's
Port 4 and 5 no members so far

My /etc/config/network

root@OpenWrt:/etc/config# cat network

config interface 'loopback'
        option ifname 'lo'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
        option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
        option ula_prefix 'fd58:122c:b677::/48'

config interface 'lan'
        option type 'bridge'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option ip6assign '60'
        option ifname  'eth0.20'

config interface 'wan'
        option proto 'dhcp'
        option ifname 'eth0.10'

And a screenshot of my sg105E switch

The pi is not getting an ip from my isp and client's not from the pi.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Do you only have one ethernet port on the Pi ? or have you got a 2nd port attached via USB ?

I've got one ethernet port on the Pi, the hole idea was to exclude the usb, sorry forgot to mention it.

The Pi appears to be configured properly. There are some problems with the SG-105E.

• The trunk port (2) needs to be tagged in both active VLANs, and untagged in none.
  • Access (untagged) ports need to be untagged in only one VLAN, and their PVID (which is on a different page) set to the same VLAN number.
  • You can't delete VLAN 1 but you should move all ports out of it. Or use 1 as the number of the LAN VLAN (instead of 20)
  • Since the SG105E management interface listens on all VLANs, whenever there is more than one VLAN the SG105E must be configured to a static IP. Do not use the DHCP client feature. (If left active, the DHCP client would attempt to obtain an IP from your cable modem, and if successful it prevents the router from getting one).
4 Likes

Thanks, that did the trick!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.