Raspberry Pi 4B - No WiFi Driver after upgrade to 23.05.0 with attended sysupgrades package

Hello everyone,

I'm using an Raspberry Pi 4B with OpenWRT 22.03.5 as my main router behind a modem. Today, I decided to give OpenWRT 23.05.0 a chance, but I didn't want to install all additional packages manually again.

So I was using the attended sysupgrade package in OpenWRT 22.03.5. After a few errors in generating the image, I replaced the wolfssl packages with the mbedtls packages and removed the old rpi4-nvram package from 22.03.5 in the package selector.

So the Image was at least successfully created and I could install the upgrade.

When checking the configuration after installing the upgrade, I found out, that the WiFi driver wasn't installed with the upgrade, so I have no WiFi Access in the Pi's near environment.

Any ideas, which package to install?

1 Like

from the list of https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=23.05.0&target=bcm27xx%2Fbcm2711&id=rpi-4

base-files bcm27xx-gpu-fw brcmfmac-nvram-43455-sdio busybox ca-bundle cypress-firmware-43455-sdio dnsmasq dropbear e2fsprogs firewall4 fstools iwinfo kmod-brcmfmac kmod-fs-vfat kmod-nft-offload kmod-nls-cp437 kmod-nls-iso8859-1 kmod-r8169 kmod-sound-arm-bcm2835 kmod-sound-core kmod-usb-hid kmod-usb-net-lan78xx libc libgcc libustream-mbedtls logd luci mkf2fs mtd netifd nftables odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg partx-utils ppp ppp-mod-pppoe procd procd-seccomp procd-ujail uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed wpad-basic-mbedtls

are the 2 bold marked ones installed?

Hi Pico,

that's it! The kmod-brcmfmac package was already installed, the brcmfmac-nvram-43455-sdio was not!

Just installed the missing package, WiFi-Adapter is now active.

Will check the correct functionality, when I'm in the cellar the next time.

Thanks for the tip!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.