Raspberry Pi 4 (no lan to wan access)

Do you have a device set up that does reliably work through the modem? If so, it might be worth trying to clone the MAC onto the RPi and see if connects then.

1 Like

I think I did that in first instance in my /etc/config/network, is it not there?

config device 'wan_eth1_dev'
	option name 'eth1'
	option macaddr '78:8a:20:fb:8c:e7'

Is this the right place to put a mac address to be cloned?

I have the same setup as you, but my wan config is simply

config interface 'wan'
        option proto 'dhcp'
        option macaddr 'xxxx'
        option ifname 'eth1'
1 Like

Turn modem off and leave off. Log into your cable account from a different connection and erase / reset the MAC. I think in most cases leaving the modem off for 30 minutes will have the same effect at the cable company.

1 Like

Okay, going to try with this approach, I will remove the config device again, as it not present in a clena config, which I tried, but this time I will add the option macaddr with my ER-X MAC address, let's see if this do the trick.

I cannot do it right now, but I plan to leave home in the arvo for an extended period of time, that will be my oppoturnity to test this. Thanks for the suggestions @krazeh and @mk24.

This made the trick!!! Up and running! Bloody finally! So, clearly you guys were right and it was the Arris locking the MAC address, I will let it rest this arvo for a while.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.