Raspberry Pi 4 keep disabling the Wireless AP

This is a fresh 23.05 install on a Raspberry Pi 4, during the first configuration steps, the first thing I do is to go to the Web Access Console (192.168.1.1) --> Network --> Wireless and Enable the SSID in Master Mode, it will enable OK, but 2-3 seconds later it will enter a Disable state, if I enable again, same thing, shortly after enable it will disable.

What am I doing wrong? Nothing else has been configured or modified, a fresh install, I did the fresh install 3 times, always the same problem, any advice or suggestion on how to keep it in the Enabled state, thanks

Did you set your country code?

Have you used this Pi4 with OpenWrt before? What about with the Raspberry Pi OS?

Please connect to your OpenWrt device using ssh and copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

ubus call system board
cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall
1 Like

Yes country code set, I have used the Pi with Rasbian, Ubuntu and Kali, first time with openWRT, I will collect the data and post back, thanks

Set channel to a fixed channel number not "auto". Choose from the channels that are allowed in your country and are not DFS. Also try reducing the htmode to HT20. Note that the Pi hardware and driver does not support WPA3 or MFP. Configure encryption to PSK2 only.

1 Like

Thank you, I am in the US, how do I know the allowed channels?

1 Like

Thank you for all the feedback, it is working now, started from scratch and followed the recommendations.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

great!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.