Raspberry PI 3b - share internet connection over wifi

Hi,

I had set up my Raspberry Pi 3B with OpenWRT, I can access Luci interface over wifi. But I am not able to set up an internet connection.

What I am trying to accomplish:

1. I want to connect openWRT to my router (ISP) over cable and then create a new network on OpenWRT and connect my pc over wifi to it.
  2. I try to use the only cable interface eth0 on raspberry as WAN - but I miss something and it doesn't work. I can't see raspberry on IPS router (when I provide static IP address I can see raspberry on ISP router but still there is no internet connection - diagnostic and ping failed)
  3. I want to connect my PC to raspberry over wifi - it works but no internet connection.

I've read the documentation but I've stuck. I feel that some configuration is missing :expressionless:
I succeeded to share internet connection when I connected OpenWRT over wifi to my ISP router and then my PC to openWRT over cable - but it's not what I'd like to achieve.

My network and openWRT configuration:
IPS router network address: 192.168.0.1
OpenWRT network address: 192.168.1.1

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated.

Welcome,

Could you provide the output of the following, form SSH? Please use the 'Pre-Formatted text' tool </> to include the code.

cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/firewall
cat /etc/config/dhcp

Do you mean on client PC, or also on the Pi itself?

Did you check of the Pi gets IP form the ISP router?

Hi lsq6,

why do you have the LAN Interface as bridge ?
Perhaps thats the Problem.

Do you mean on client PC, or also on the Pi itself?

Tested on OpenWRT Network> Diagnostics and pinged openwrt.org

Did you check of the Pi gets IP form the ISP router?

When I set WAN with dhcp client it didn't get IP. When I set WAN with static address of my IPS router network (192.168.0.100) it can be seen on IPS router.

My config: https://pastebin.com/Jne2KQvi

why do you have the LAN Interface as bridge ?
Perhaps thats the Problem.

It's the default setup. I tried to remove bridge but then configuration crashed and openWRT reverted the previous configuration.

After all I figured out it. I couldn't connect to IPS router because of wrong clientId setting.
The following was wrong.

option clientid 'opwrt'
1 Like

If your issue is solved, please mark the reply with solution as such.

grafik

This is normal.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.