[Ramips MT7621] FreeWRT 20.12 - Master branch based

Yes, it is the same procedure. Just make sure you use the correct files.

1 Like

I understand, thank you for the clarification, I will install your build now, I want to test it, I liked the changes you made.

1 Like

Could you add Unielec 7621-06 16M as a target for the EIP test build?
Thanks

For now, the EIP93 driver seems to be non-functional for normal use (userspace). It only works with benchmarks. Anyway I will make a build that includes it with all devices, for those who want to try it.

I'm also going to try a overclock patch@1100MHz. I will test it and if it works without issues i will include it in the next builds.

2 Likes

The build with MTK-EIP93 support for all devices is uploaded.

http://downloads.freewrt.tk/?dir=releases/20.12-EIP93TEST

Based on master r16977-384c17e65c.

1 Like

@apocalypse hi thanks for the job!

I am using FreeWRT on Xiaomi Router 3 Pro and today I found that there is no WireGuard package in the FreeWRT repository, can you add it?

FreeWRT 20.12.3, r16837-e002179a6d

1 Like

It seems a source problem, since version 20.12.1 wireguard has not been compiled. You can try to install the wireguard ipk from version 20.12.1. I will try to find out what happens and that the next version compiles wireguard package without errors.

EDIT: I have found this commit: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/06351f1bd0455abacb700db5098bb798f66948fc#diff-e8497a5bb53e37643f8ebbf0e198e283df5ebfa38d43f7dbffb22c

It appears that wireguard has been moved to the kernel tree. This is why the sources for the wireguard package are no longer found in packages/network/services/wireguard/

Now in its place is available kmod-wireguard.

1 Like

Does this build provide anything over the latest OpenWRT snapshot? If I understand the first post right, this firmware was made back before the OpenWRT snapshots switched to DSA, but it seems like DSA is implemented now.

It's already with DSA. And works very stable on MT7621 hardware switch.

would it be possi ble to add support for DIR-3060?

I'm using a mi3g and re-created the configuration from scratch migrating from 19.07 to 21.02. I was still seeing a lot of crashes. I then migrated to this build and the situation got a bit better but I still experience daily crashes...

Also, I cannot install the IPv6 kernel modules needed for the 6in4 because they are not in this build repository and the official one are not compatible.

Packages 6in4 and kmod-sit they are in the repository. What is the module that you cannot find?

To avoid the kernel crash problem, you should not bridge interfaces with more than one eth port.

Some time ago i tried many things to fix it on 19.07 (which makes use of swconfig and therefore all ports are "joined") and there was no way. I think it is a bug in the SoC itself that is not manifested to everyone. The only solution for this bug is to use each port independently, without bridge or vlan filter. I've been like this for 8 months and no kernel crash has occurred again.

I will be able to use the script as shown here Help prioritizing games with alternative qdisc design without any problem ?

Yes, installing packages needed by the script.

I have the ubiquiti er-x model, what is the most stable version you have in your repository?

I also have ER-X. The 20.12.3 is the one I use and without problems. Some MT7621 have a bug in the SoC that causes problems when using the hardware switch, producing the well-known kernel crash "transmit timed out". Avoid configuring more than one eth port on the same bridge interface.

@apocalypse
There is new build of OpenWrt 21.02.0-rc4 , can you, please, build new FreeWRT?
Thanx

2 Likes

Why doesn't it work? As I understand it, MT7621 supports hardware NAT. And it should be in the DSA driver.

Hello,
I want to install FreeWRT with the help of Breed Boot Loader on Xiaomi R3P device.
Can you please suggest, which one of the following files:
freewrt-20.12.3-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mi-router-3-pro-initramfs-kernel.bin
freewrt-20.12.3-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mi-router-3-pro-squashfs-factory.bin
freewrt-20.12.3-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mi-router-3-pro-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
should I use in order to install FreeWRT with the help of Breed Boot Loader?
Thank you.

I have suffered some micro cuts and lost packages when I play online