Radio0 failing to connect to eduroam

I am unsuccessfully attempting to connect my RPi 4 to eduroam.

I believe I have the configuration correct but I could always be wrong. I am able to connect to any other network that does not require both identity and a password, but once I attempt to connect to eduroam I get these logs:

daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2254): command failed: No error information (-524)
daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2254): command failed: I/O error (-5)

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option path 'platform/soc/fe300000.mmcnr/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option log_level '1'
        option short_gi_40 '0'
        option cell_density '0'
        option channel 'auto'
        option legacy_rates '1'

config wifi-iface 'wan0'
        option device 'radio0'
        option mode 'sta'
        option network 'wan'
        option ssid '*****'
        option eap_type 'peap'
        option auth 'auth=MSCHAPV2'
        option identity '*****'
        option password '****'

Any advice is appreciated. My university does NOT supply ethernet and I need to work with a device that does not support wifi.

Which version of wpad is currently installed? I'm not entirely sure about the current situation, but a few years ago the default wpad-basic did not support PEAP. It needs to be replaced by the full version of wpad.

My current version of wpa_supplicant is v2.10.

That's not what I meant. Please check with opkg list-installed which packages are installed and checked which wpad package is listed - in my case, I get wpad-basic-mbedtls.

I currently have wpad-basic-wolfssl - 2022-01-16-cff80b4f-16.2.

Remove wpad-basic-wolfssl and install wpad-wolfssl. This will require an Internet connection, and about 1 MB of free flash space. After the non-basic wpad is installed, reboot.

1 Like

I’ve gone ahead and done this and I am still receiving the same issue.

I see you don't have option encryption 'wpa2' in the wireless config; add that. And option auth should be just 'MSCHAPV2'. If it still doesn't connect, look at the logs.

Yeah neither of those config changes worked. I’ve been using logread to see what’s been going on and it’s still only popping out those two lines that I can confirm are related to wireless connection