I'm running OpenWrt 21.02.3 on 2x TP-Link Archer C7 v2.
Been running OpenWrt on these devices for years but recently 1 of the 2 Archers is disabling it's 2.4 and 5GHz radio by itself. After I manually enable both radio's again it does work as intented but the problem returns after a not defined period. Happened 3 times in 2 days now.
Is the Archer slowly dying or could it be something else?
OpenWrt version is already specified in OP.
Running 21.02.3 on both Archers. (ath79/generic)
I have 3 SSID's on both radio's:
Anything else you would like to know?
Last config change was months ago.
The logs would probably shed some light on what's happening. You are not sharing any errors whatsoever now, just the symptoms. Very hard to troubleshoot.
Does rolling back to 21.02.2 'fix' it BTW? If so it might be a regression.
I could not find any thing in the logs, hence I did not include them.
Did not try to roll back but I've been running this setup for weeks now.
I just purchased a "new" C7 and setting it up now. So hopefully that will "fix" my problem.
You're asked to provide unfiltered information and yet here you are - filtering it .
I will provide logs once the issue arrises again.
Will let you know!
If this is only happening on one of the C7s then my past experience makes me suspect the power supply on that C7 is unable to maintain the correct output voltage when the radio is handling a lot of traffic and the radio locks up. It is not yet bad enough to crash the cpu but the power supply is slowly expiring. Typically the problem is age related and a decoupling capacitor is failing.
It might not be the problem but this is easy to test by swapping out the power supply.....
That makes sense!
Indeed it does only happen to one of the two C7's.
Though I got a good deal for a second hand C7 so it's already been replaced.
But when I have some more time I'll test out a different power supply on the "faulty" C7.