R7800 Image Builder Problem with DAWN

I've been running OpenWrt on my R7800 for a year now and I recently tried my hand at building my own images. Going the 'make menuconfig' route, I've had success building images for my router that include a Wireguard client, USB iPhone tethering, and DAWN band steering.

Recently, I've tried to use Image Builder to create my images, but have run into a problem. The image build completes and I can successfully flash the new image. The router seems to run fine, but DAWN does not work and the system.log is full of this message - daemon.err dawn[2316]: Failed to look up test object for umdns

Here's the make command I use with Image Builder:

make image PROFILE=netgear_r7800 PACKAGES="-wpad-basic-wolfssl wpad-wolfssl luci kmod-usb-net kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether kmod-usb-net-ipheth usbmuxd libimobiledevice usbutils iptables-mod-ipopt luci-proto-wireguard luci-app-wireguard irqbalance stubby luci-app-dawn dawn"

Image Builder does throw this message near the end of the build, but it's probably not relevant:
./etc/init.d/bootcount: line 5: /lib/upgrade/asrock.sh: No such file or directory

If I create a new image via 'make menuconfig' with the above options, DAWN works fine.

So my question is, why does the DAWN error only show up with Image Builder images? Is there something wrong with my make command?