R7800 -> Flashing openwrt causes bootloop (bad block in kernel area)

It is already pretty well described with photos with:

1 Like

Yes - I referenced one of those photos in my post above. Thanks for providing them, very helpful.

I meant the entire process (opening the case, connecting to the serial port, performing the sysupgrade via SSH...)

Interesting info on the tftpboot address. (I might have downloaded the image to 50000000 before doing the normal tftpboot and not realised that it was in fact the first tftpboot that allowed it to boot.)

If you don't feel like installing all the HTTPS/SSL stuff, you could also download the image to an internal webserver and then use that to transfer it in (provided you can trust your internal network of course). That also saves you getting DNS and default gw up manually.

Good catch on the LED switch too. I hit it while re-assembling the router which actually caused the mainboard to detach from the top casing (the glue on the heatsink isn't very strong apparently). Still working fine though (nothing broke).

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.