R7800 back to stock firmware

Can you copy and paste your TFTP session here?
Did ping work?

sorry for taking so long i have been trying to make my router work again

when ever i click upgrade the it try 3 times then give me no response from server

There is no clicking on anything in my instructions. Did you follow my instructions above? Can you post the screenshot starting from the PING step all the way to the end.

im using other tftp it has upgrade button and says theres no response

What does ping 192.168.1.1 return? Can you paste the output in your reply?

and when i try the firmware from hnyman file it says fail to find a file

I do not use Windows or GUI program for these things. Try a command line tool like the one below and follow my instructions.

http://www.tftp-server.com/tftp-client.html

That GUI TFTP tool has worked ok for me.
Possible errors are:

• Releasing reset button too early. Push the button with a pin while router is still off. Power on. Wait until power LED blinks orange for a while then it starts steady blinking white. Now you can release reset button. (And the steady white blinking should continue)
    • Not actually pushing reset. It is a really small switch inside a hole. I use paperclip for pushing it, so that I clearly feel the small switch inside.
  • Not setting fixed IP on PC. Windows will set link-local address rather quickly, so you might lose IP in the middle of the transfer, if you no not set a fixed address.
  • You set PC to have 192.168.1.1 that is for the router. Set 192.168.1.2 for PC

Those are pretty much the only critical steps.
And there is no rush. First get router into recovery mode, then start TFTP transfer.

I still suspect that you have not triggered the recovery mode right. That is the easiest mistake to do. (wait for the orange blinking, then white blinking, then release reset)

If you want the actual Netgear firmware, download it from their site.

(Openwrt LEDE "factory" firmware just means that Openwrt image can be accepted by the Nregear flash routine. It is not Netgear firmware)

I had also problems. This is what worked for me:

• Don't use this "tftp2". I am using tftp from WinAgents. It's a very simple command-line tool: TFTP -i 192.168.1.1 PUT firmwarefile.img
  • Use a short filename for your firmwarefile!
  • Be patient for the R7800 to finish it's flashing.
  • Do a factory-default-reset by pressing the reset button for seven seconds (see users manual)

hello hnyman sorry for taking so long

im sure i went to recovery mode it was flashing white after the orange but still doesnt work

i have been busy this past days sorry for answering you late and last time tried it my router doesnt connect to the internet so i tried for hours till i fix it back

thank you for trying to help me i appreciate it

hello fantom-x sorry for taking so long i have been busy past days and the last time tried it my router doesnt connect to the internet so i tried for hours till i fix it back

i tried your tftp server but still doesn't work i dont know what im doing wrong or the router is the problem

thank you for trying to help me i appreciate it

sorry for answering late but been busy for past past 2 weeks

i cant connect to winagent too i think im doing it wrong

where to put tftp -i 192.168.1.1?

sorry for wasting your time guys i think ill buy new router

use this URL:
http://www.winagents.com/downloads/tftp.exe

Save tftp.exe on your harddrive. Open command prompt (CMD) and type
TFTP -i 192.168.1.1 PUT firmwarefile.img
by replacing "firmwarefile.img" with the real name of your file.

1 Like

ok thank you muetzekoein i will try it when no one is using the internet

I also have this problem about this.The key is using command line
tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put “R7800-lede1701-r3877-23a638ebd1-20180425-2137-sqfs-factory.img”
Some application with gui dose not work well.

谢谢您的帮助!对我非常有用。

In english please, so everybody around the whole world can understand you without using a translator.