I recently acquired an r7500v2. I have installed OpenWRT on it and everything seems to work fine except radio0 (5Ghz). I have a need for a high-speed link as there are some DLNA and FTP servers running in the LAN that, I often access to put files on it or pull from it. Files are in order of GBs so slow speed on 5GHz is kind of a turn-off for such a good device.
There is also a catch here when I connect to it from a pc running Intel AX210 on 149Ch and 80MHz channel width I get 866Mbps link speed that is expected, all good here. But when I connect to it from a mobile device I get 433Mbps :> That is the problem as when I connect this same mobile device to a hotspot created from my PC running Intel Ax210 I get full 866Mbps speed. So imo it is not that my mobile supports a single stream and the router is also not defective. I have also tried this with another mobile device, same issue.
What I have tried:
- Trying various channels and channel widths.
- Trying moving away and close to the router.
- Using snapshot build 20. something.
Currently, I am on Kong's 19.07 build.
Here are my configurations
root@Pacman:~# **vi /etc/config/wireless** config wifi-device 'radio0' option type 'mac80211' option hwmode '11a' option path 'soc/1b500000.pci/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0' option country 'AU' option cell_density '3' option channel '149' option htmode 'VHT80' option disabled '0' root@Pacman:~# **iw dev wlan0 station dump** rx bytes: 139538 rx packets: 1352 tx bytes: 178225 tx packets: 526 tx retries: 0 tx failed: 26 rx drop misc: 1 signal: -90 [-95, -98, -96, -95] dBm signal avg: -88 [-96, -97, -92, -93] dBm tx bitrate: 6.0 MBit/s rx bitrate: 6.0 MBit/s rx duration: 0 us last ack signal:-95 dBm authorized: yes authenticated: yes associated: yes preamble: short WMM/WME: yes MFP: no TDLS peer: no DTIM period: 2 beacon interval:100 short preamble: yes short slot time:yes connected time: 583 seconds