Qualcomm Fast Path For LEDE

The easiest way would be to use flow offloading on ath79 instead IMHO.

I tried that but the wireless speeds are not more than 200MBPS on 11ac radio and GbE wan

Wireless speeds are not related with offload type.

so how to increase wireless speeds as I have a really powerful device 4x4 11ac device but the wireless speeds are no where close to be accurate

You can open a new thread, because it's off-topic here. Most likely you speeds are not as expected, because the client devices are not 4x4 :wink:

1 Like

Added support

1 Like

Could you please tell how to port to 18.06.2 for WDR4300 v1?

The advantage of 18.06.2 is that all of the drivers are new....

Hello, can you port fast path to 2543nd? https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr2543nd and add it to your repository?
Thank you!

@gwlim how would I add Fast Path to an openwrt build myself? I'm new to this and have looked for the git page for Fast Path but can't seem to find it and then I'd have to figure out how to get it in my openwrt build environment. I'm looking to build an image for an Edgerouter Lite.

Thanks

Are these builds not going to be created anymore? Just wondering.

With flow offloading being standard in OpenWRT, there is no real use anymore for Fast Path builds, since they do the same thing. Just use Flowoffloading in regular builds.

1 Like

There is still a pretty big use for LEDE 17.06.xx because this is usually more performant than the newer Openwrt 18.xx builds and in LEDE there is no flow offloading support. It startet in Openwrt 18.06 with kernel >4.14 which is actually since 18.06.2 or only snapshot builds. - So in my opinion it still makes sense to implement fast path as a package for LEDE 17.06.xx! I would really appreciate that, than we could also still use the older 432 devices with LEDE under a good performance!

1 Like

Support Added

3 Likes

Is it just me or is the software offload checkbox gone in the June builds? Is Offloading now done by default?

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v2 user here. Been on OpenWrt a whole 24 hours. Huge dissapointment when I realized with OpenWrt my Gbit connection wasn't used at capacity. I was getting maybe 350 Mbps down at best, with 250 or less up.

Thank you @gwlim, this works a treat - I am now back to 900 Mbps speeds. Not what it used to be on original firmware, as it used to cap the link, but I'll take it.

Thank you for your work.

1 Like

Fast Path has been superseded by Flow Offload. I am not sure what build you are using now, but it might be severely outdated (check the kernel version to find out!). Please try the official build again, and enable Flow Offload in the firewall settings. Do you still experience the slow WAN speed?

undoubtedly he will, unless build from sources with fix, as FO has been broken for quite some time Flow_offloading=1 is broken on latest snapshot (4.19 issue)

I wasn't aware of Flow Offload issues with 4.19. Nevertheless, the 18.06.4 image should have working Flow Offload in that case :slight_smile:

Nope - I would still get ~300 Mbps speeds. That is why I went for @gwlim 's fork.

I'm on his AUG image:

Firmware Version OpenWrt SFE r10664-ba8aeb02ea / LuCI ( Trunk )
Kernel Version 4.19.62

Getting an error on September build, when trying to enter Firewall settings -

RPC call failed with error -32002: Access denied
  at handleCallReply (http://192.168.1.1/luci-static/resources/rpc.js:8:12)
  at promise callback*call (http://192.168.1.1/luci-static/resources/rpc.js:5:95)
  at declare/

Any ideas to fix this?