Qualcomm Fast Path For LEDE

There is still a pretty big use for LEDE 17.06.xx because this is usually more performant than the newer Openwrt 18.xx builds and in LEDE there is no flow offloading support. It startet in Openwrt 18.06 with kernel >4.14 which is actually since 18.06.2 or only snapshot builds. - So in my opinion it still makes sense to implement fast path as a package for LEDE 17.06.xx! I would really appreciate that, than we could also still use the older 432 devices with LEDE under a good performance!

1 Like

Support Added

3 Likes

Is it just me or is the software offload checkbox gone in the June builds? Is Offloading now done by default?

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v2 user here. Been on OpenWrt a whole 24 hours. Huge dissapointment when I realized with OpenWrt my Gbit connection wasn't used at capacity. I was getting maybe 350 Mbps down at best, with 250 or less up.

Thank you @gwlim, this works a treat - I am now back to 900 Mbps speeds. Not what it used to be on original firmware, as it used to cap the link, but I'll take it.

Thank you for your work.

1 Like

Fast Path has been superseded by Flow Offload. I am not sure what build you are using now, but it might be severely outdated (check the kernel version to find out!). Please try the official build again, and enable Flow Offload in the firewall settings. Do you still experience the slow WAN speed?

undoubtedly he will, unless build from sources with fix, as FO has been broken for quite some time Flow_offloading=1 is broken on latest snapshot (4.19 issue)

I wasn't aware of Flow Offload issues with 4.19. Nevertheless, the 18.06.4 image should have working Flow Offload in that case :slight_smile:

Nope - I would still get ~300 Mbps speeds. That is why I went for @gwlim 's fork.

I'm on his AUG image:

Firmware Version OpenWrt SFE r10664-ba8aeb02ea / LuCI ( Trunk )
Kernel Version 4.19.62

Getting an error on September build, when trying to enter Firewall settings -

RPC call failed with error -32002: Access denied
  at handleCallReply (http://192.168.1.1/luci-static/resources/rpc.js:8:12)
  at promise callback*call (http://192.168.1.1/luci-static/resources/rpc.js:5:95)
  at declare/

Any ideas to fix this?

hi,

a quick question: i was using 18.06.04 build on tplink 1043nd v.2 and there was no option for flow offload in firewall settings? because of that i've migrated to @gwlim 's fork.
How can i enable flow offload option in 18.06.04 build if there is no checkbox to enable it ????

thx

You can't, flow-offloading depends on kernel >= 4.14, but ar71xx in 18.06.x is on kernel 4.9.

so as i understand it, to make use of flow offload i need to stay with @gwlim 's fork ? i ask this because i can't update packages (total noob) and i don't know what to do with the kmod-packages file that comes with gwlim's image.. i wan't to setup extroot but i can't because i can't install fs-ext4 and so on...
is there no other way to use flow offload with an official build ?

sorry if my questions seem stupid but i'm learning all of this on the go.

I'm personally waiting for the new @shunjou build to come out.

Hi,
Can someone point me in the right direction ?
I;m trying to set up extroot for the 1043nd v2 router with gwlim's september image.
I'm following this guide extroot guide , but for some reason my usb stick is not seen when issuing the command block info.
I have installed the kmod-usb-storage provided in the image tarball but i get the folowing error:

OpenWrt - Software - LuCI
Kernel support for USB Mass Storage devices
*** The installed version of package kernel is not compatible, require 4.19.69-1-cc50d72dā€¦ while 4.19.69-1-67fb2830ā€¦ is installed.**

What can i do to add support for usb ?

thx

This build gave new life to my wdr3600. Thanks!

EDIT: the effect kind of goes away when I add SQM to the mix, but still, great work!

If SQM is not enabled, performance goes to line rate for MTU=1500 for fast enough processors
If SQM is enabled, performance is still greater than without SFE but will not be line rate
Eg.
WR1043NDv1 no SFE no SQM => 250Mbps
WR1043NDv1 with SFE no SQM => 700Mbps
WR1043NDv1 with SFE + SQM => 300Mbps (tested with CAKE + layer cake)

1 Like

It is in the tar.gz archive, decompress and install from there

Hi,

After many hours i'm about to give up.
I have installed everything needed for extroot, but when i'm trying to mount the usb ext4 partition i get this error:

# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /mnt failed: Invalid argument

The block info command outputs this :

block info
/dev/mtdblock3: UUID="6415cad4-45731f85-3648afa9-a833df68" VERSION="4.0" MOUNT="/rom" TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/mtdblock4: MOUNT="/overlay" TYPE="jffs2"
/dev/sda1: UUID="ca53902e-45d4-4399-b613-09cfee1094dd" VERSION="1.0" TYPE="ext4"

I have formated the drive using this command mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1

At this point my guess i'm missing a kernel module. ???

It is in the kmod-package.tar.gz in the same directory where you download the firmware

Yes, I know. From that tarball i've already installed the packages specified in the extroot tutorial from openwrt docs. I already have all that is required to setup extroot installed. Still get that error when mounting..
Maybe there is something else that needs to be installed ?when I get home i'll post an lsmod printout...