Qca9531 console

Hello everyone:
The development board I have is Qualcomm Atheros AP147-010 reference board.It has only one serial port, ttyS0.I now want to make ttyS0 communicate with zigbee.Can I use the USB serial port ttyUSB0 as a console?How do I configure ttyUSB0?

Hello,

you will loose the initial boot console if you put it on the usb tty and the bootloader always outputs over the integrated serial console.

Are you using ar71xx or ath79?

Why not using the usb one for the zigbee connection?

Hello,
I use qca9531 of ar71xx,I've just been working in this area, and I don't quite understand how USB communicates with zigbee.

My dealer told me that one of his customers was using a USB to serial port as a console. I thought it would work, but I couldn't find the information.

By default, /dev/ttyS0 is used as the system console, both for OpenWrt and the (OEM-) bootloader (and probably for the SOC's basic ROM as well). While you can disable OpenWrt's usage of /dev/ttyS0, you'd probably also have to do the same for the bootloader (sources to be obtained from your OEM) - and if the ROM is outputting some debugging info, there's no way to change that. This means it's somewhere between hard (OpenWrt/ bootloader) and impossible (SOC ROM) to prevent spurious messages on /dev/ttyS0 (which very likely interferes with your attached serial device), therefore using a usb2serial adapter (independent of the SOC) probably makes more sense.

1 Like

Hello:
Thank you very much for your answer. The hardware engineer and I decided to use zbbee with usb2serial.

1 Like