PureFusion - wrt3200acm, wrt32x, wrt1200ac, wrt1900acs, wrt1900acV1, wrt1900acV2 Builds

Thanks for the prompt response and actions. I downloaded the newest build and it works great!

If WiFi is stable then I can move on from David's build.

Thanks again!

Take note that I am always building and testing new releases, among testing luci app finds.
many luci apps I get are created by peepz in china, so most of the time I have to go in and
translate words and so on back to English. Sometime I wont do that unless I know the app works
and if its useful to peepz/ Otherwise I disable it next build.

So if you see Chinese chars, just use the chrome translate to translate to english..
but next build will most likely have it in English if I feel its worth the translation.

and yes I do give proper credit to the authors of said APP.
mainly the credit is within file under comments and or in commit.
alot of the apps that I use, that didnt need translating will have the full github REPO
to their app.. so you can see for your self what is what and where it came from.

so injoy...

1 Like

@Eliminater74
Many thanks for this build, it includes many useful apps: disman, netdata to name a few. I particularly like netdata, it has so much information about the system.

Next step for me is to learn and use Github Action to customize.

Thanks again!

1 Like

How is WIFI working for you?

@Eliminater74
I have not used WiFi a lot, but it looks like it is much better than the official RC3 firmware. My laptops and phones connect to the network quicker and I have not seen any disconnection. I will test your build more and if I run into issues I will let you know.

1 Like

yeah the wifi drivers are taken from,
https://github.com/coolsnowwolf/lede

as you can tell, I did mention credit to his work..

but thanks for your input.
I also think using the testing kernel 5.10.x helps alot too..
as you know previous official snapshot and official openwrt uses the 5.4.x kernel.
so its possible that kernel just needs updating on official.

Hi, thanks for your great work. Is it possible to download only mwlwifi driver? If yes, where I can find it?
EDIT. ok my bad,I found it on second post. Sorry

Thanks for your template I was able to run a build workflow successfully.

Does this means if one wants to customize their firmware, e.g. for wrt3200acm, the wrt3200acm.config needs to be generated using 'make menuconfig' then uploaded to the config directory before running the build workflow?
TIA

I would have to enable uploading packages, then create a build, then you would have to click on that workflow run, look at bottom and you will see packages, download that and extract it.. then look for the kmod to the wifi drivers. But I dont want to turn on upload packages at this time.. so you would have to run your own build and do it, But yes there is a way.. as I just explained..

Yes if you want to customize your own firmware, just save the generated .config as wrt3200acm.config or whatever device you plan on building for. If one knew how to code action script and so on, and knew what they were doing, I am positive you could even build for a device outside of our linksys devices. But that would take alot of re-coding of the scripts to make that work..

My scripts were created with Linksys in mind only. No other devices.............
But yes you can customize your own wrt3200acm or one of the other linksys devices .config and save it to configs dir and run it.......... of course you would have to push it back to git..

1 Like

I run Arch Linux and I have unsuccessfully have tried to build openwrt on it.
I always run into some linker and or driver errors. I have nearly tried everything,

I even ran a VM of Ubuntu and still No go............ about gave up.. so I just stuck to
building official snapshots with ImageBuilder for the longest time.
I been told that Arch linux will always give issues since its always using the latest
software and many parts of OpenWRT build system isnt compatible with it..

So one day I came across the Action Scrips that build OpenWRT for you using githubs VM.
Liked it.. tested it a few time.. then flashed an image, worked like a charm. so I ended up customizing the scripts to meet my needs. and make it easy for anyone to add or delete anything they dont wish to have.. after a while I realized that maybe I should allow the other Linksys devices as said in Topic join in on the FUN. so I created ways for them. Also created Experimental IF statements in Action scripts.. since you really cant.. but after enough research I found a way.. which allowed me to have way more control over the Build. I am still always working on the Action Scripting part.. always trying to make it better and easier.. not to mention faster. but at the same time allow you to see where any errors might pop up and allow you to fix em.

I recently created the script to allow you to compile OpenWRT in sections that the final MAKE command would do. that will allow you to see any errors or problems in sections that need to be addressed. but you can turn that off and it will still build from the original MAKE section fully and will most likely speed up the build.. but im trying to speed it up all the time.

I am also going to work on a way to allow building from other sources not just openwrt.

Appreciate your effort and letting us joining the FUN. Using Github Actions with your scripts is so easy and FUN!!!

I am curious about how do you make changes to config files. Do you ssh to the Actions VM after running a build workflow and generate them by running 'make menuconfig' from there (where everything is ready), or do you use another Actions VM then clone the OpenWrt repo before making changes to the config files? Also, what is the best way to push config files to Github?

SSH into VM when its ready is prob easiest for that.. Tell you the truth, I have yet to test my new SSH method yet.. but what I do is clone the source from github, and copy the 4 scripts over and in configs I copy the wrt3200acm.config over and feeds,
then I run the scripts and update the feeds and so on.
then cp wrt3200acm.config to .config then make menuconfig
make my changes and save it and copy it back over to action configs then push repo then run it.

Make sure you create a bot token and USERID for the SSH into box.. because it will let you know on telegram when its ready for you to enter.
as well as a link.

Anyone using my builds, take note that under Control, one of the settings is Not been translated yet.
After a few times trying, it kept failing to load right. Its called Timing Settings.
It allows you to set pre times for some action to happen, like refresh networks, maybe reboot.
might even just take offline for a few.. anything.. you can even add your own custom...........

anyhow. you can use the built in Translator from your web browser for the time being.
I will get this translated and working correctly sooner or later.

as for now, just do what I said, and it will still work just the same.

hi @Eliminater74 and thanks again for your work, i successfully built the snapshot version for wrt1200. Unfortunately on the stable version I have some building errors which I have to investigate. If anyone needs the clean version for wrt1200, find it on my github. Thanks again

Yeah, I have yet to build the Stable edition.. I think I built it once or twice some time back. But I spend more time building the snapshot. weird, you would think the stable version would build just fine.
but its possible that my .configs are more geared towards snapshots and latest.. that could be the issue.

I tried my best to remove all unneeded crap from the .configs. and only build whats needed.. I left the download software section to default snapshot downloads. I also made sure I didnt do anything fancy with the kernel, so that 3rd party kernel kmods will be excepted.

Also take note, that the current .configs for all devices listed other then wrt3200acm are a bit outdated now. best to take the wrt3200acm.config and pull it into a fresh openwrt clone, then cp or mv it to .config, then make menuconfig..

change device to your current device, check around to make sure no surprises popped up.

To make sure you generate a very well working .config you will need to copy a few files from
configs and scripts on that githib...........

In Scripts, you will need:

diy-part1.sh

diy-part2.sh

lean_packages.sh

sirpdboy-package.sh

And in Configs, you will need:

feeds-LED.conf.default

wrt3200acm.config

Once you have all that: copied into fresh cloned openwrt..

Then run in this order:
./diy-part1.sh
./lean_packages.sh <-- This will take time
./sirpdboy-package.sh <--- This will also take time. Please Wait.
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a
./scripts/feeds uninstall bluld
cp wrt3200acm.config .config
./diy-part2.sh
make menuconfig

Then Make your changes depending on your device.
This goes for all ### DEVICES

Use my wrt3200acm.config are your starting point, No matter what device you have listed.
then save config as your device.config
Example: wrt3200acm.config
Just pay attention to the device names of the .configs in the configs dir.

Hope this helps many with building..

Dont forget to push back to github, so you can run the workflow..

If anyone doesnt want to build their own like that.. Just download one of my releases.. Sorry, right now the only releases I have are wrt3200acm.
Maybe someone else will build and release for other devices........

I only took this project on just for something to do on my spare time. I am a retired Android Developer
and really needed to work with code again.......
So I split my spare time between Riding, (yes im a biker) and deving....

1 Like

hi! where is that manual to convert WRT32X into WRT3200ACM ?

edit: i was talking about wrt32x into wrt3200acm, and not 3200acm into 32x

This was from the following forum:
https://community.linksys.com

Decided to replace stock WRT32X firmware with true OpenWRT and did it
It costs me $4 + 1 month waiting for adapter + few hours to do
figure out how to do it.
You'll need:

1. UART-USB adapter (this one works fine for me - CP2102 Serial USB, BTE31-007 (betemcu), ~$4)
  2. OpenWRT full image for WRT3200AC
  3. Drivers for CP2102 (Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers)
  4. TFTPD server
  5. PuTTY
  6. Direct ethernet connection between PC and Router
    Procedure is quite straightforward:
  7. Install CP2102 drivers (Silicon Valley), it should create COM port (Control Panel -> Devices -> COM7 for example)
  8. Turn off and remove front panel from WRT32X (2 screws)
  9. Find UART at the right side (white connector with 6 pins, left to right - 1 (GND), 2 (RXD), 4(TXD), 5(DTR?), 6(CTS?), pin #6 marked by a
    small triangle on PCB)
  10. Connect 1,2 & 4 pins to corresponding CP2102 pins. 5&6 are optional. Be aware - DO NOT CONNECT 5V pin - it could destroy electronics!
    DO NOT accidentally shotcut the pins (it could lead to permanent loading into U-Boot instead of running bootcmd)
  11. Set PC's IPv4 address to 192.168.1.2
  12. Run PuTTY, specify COM7 and select Serial (but do not press Open yet)
  13. Run TFTPD, select an Ethernet adapter, select folder where OpenWRT image is located (image should be renamed to rango.img, for
    example)
  14. Turn on router
  15. Connect CP2102 to PC USB (you have about 3 seconds to do it, after 3 seconds U-Boot will move on to kernel loading)
  16. In PuTTY press Open to COM7
  17. Press Space and Enter in PuTTY window - you'll see some garbage and Venom>> prompt
  18. Run the following commands one by one:
setenv mtdparts 'mtdparts=armada-nand:2048K(uboot)ro,128K(u_env),256K(s_env),256K@8064K(devinfo),1920K@8320K(sy
setenv nandboot 'setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock6 ro rootdelay=1 rootfstype=jffs2 early
setenv altnandboot 'setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock8 ro rootdelay=1 rootfstype=jffs2 ea
setenv firmwareName rango.img
setenv priKernAddr 0x0a00000
setenv altKernAddr 0x5a00000
setenv altFwSize 0x5000000
setenv priFwSize 0x5000000
setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.1
setenv serverip 192.168.1.2
setenv netmask 255.255.255.0
setenv bootdelay 5
save
run update_both_images
boot
  1. After the boot, check OpenWRT in browser (http://192.168.1.1 (http://192.168.1.1))
  2. Turn the router off
  3. Remove UART connections (don't accidentially shortcut the pins / wires)
  4. Assemble the router
  5. Now you have full featured stable OpenWRT (the same as WRT3200AC users have)

Just to state the obvious, this is a very high risk procedure without any gain, once OpenWrt is running, there is no difference between wrt3200acm and wrt32x anymore (apart from the lash partitioning, which genuinely is different as applied by the vendor).

1 Like

I must be missing something here. This question appears to be about trying to get the wasted partition (mtd9) extent on the rango, which is not on the venom_, able to be used for storage. The reply appears to be about getting the rango FW onto the venom, which is what was done before we had a venom FW offering. And since the venom now has a 6M kernel reservation, seems rather pointless, unless you really do stuff that much stuff into your router image.

1 Like