Problems with the firmware OpenWrt ax820

Hey, good morning!

I'm having problems with the firmware of yuncore ax820 and I would like to know if you can help me. I used the image available from the OpenWRT community, changing it to a .ubin extension, and uploaded it to my access point via TFTP, replacing the manufacturer's original firmware. However, after doing this I had the following problems:

The access point does not propagate wifi signal.
I cannot access my access point via SSH.
I cannot ping my computer to my access point.

I'm using serial communication to see what's going on.
Through serial communication I was able to access the Openwrt firmware, but I tried to change the settings of the "wireless" and "network" configuration files to see if I could solve the problems mentioned above, but without success.

I also tried to create a custom firmware for my applications, adding packages that I usually use, including the "LUCI" GUI packages. But when trying to load on my access points I had the same problems as I mentioned earlier. The firmware I customized and the firmware available from the OpenWRT community give me the same issues. Could you show me a way to solve these problems? The logs are at the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bnQBUW17X5TiUOktQYCylzfyUQK4ZGdY?usp=sharing
Thank you so much

dmesg indicates your unplugging and reconnecting the cable of the port openwrt defined as wan, you're never going to get any kind of reply there.

1 Like

Yes connect your PC to the other port.

Thanks for the answers.

In the first scenario, I connected a POE port of my POE switch to the POE port of my AP AX820 and I connected a LAN port of my POE switch to the Ethernet port of my PC.
And the results were the ones I mentioned earlier.

Now I connected my AX820 AP's LAN port to my PC's Ethernet port and I was able to access the AX820 via ssh on ip 192.168.1.1
I still have problems that I couldn't solve yesterday.

My AX820 AP still does not propagate the Wi-Fi signal. I tried editing the etc/config/ files to connect my AX820 to my home's main router and get internet access, but I couldn't.
I'm trying to connect the internet with the AX820 AP to update it and install LUCI as explained in the OpenWRT documentation at this link:

Originally my etc/config files look like this:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1R48bT5oAW34928zwQz27FqdU4WVGGCst

I tried to modify these files to get internet connection but I couldn't.

Could you tell me why my AX820 is not propagating a Wi-FI signal and how should I connect it to my main router to get internet access?

The PoE port is the wan and if you connect it to a network which has access to the Internet, the router should reach the Internet using that wired connection. OpenWrt defaults to wan being a DHCP client, so if you have a typical home network with a DHCP server, it will just work.

Unless the IP range of the other network is also 192.168.1.0/24, in which case you need to change the LAN IP of the OpenWrt router to something else so that routing will work properly. The LAN and WAN subnets cannot overlap.