Problem with Luci after Power Peak - WDR4300

Hello everyone...

I need help...

Last night I had a power surge here at home - unfortunately I don't have a UPS to keep my router turned on and then my routers restarted for 2x in a row.

After the power surge was restored, my equipment returned to working normally, except the Luci interface of my main router, which has these errors despite working correctly.

/usr/lib/lua/luci/statistics/plugins/ping.lua:1: attempt to call global 'retusn' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/statistics/plugins/ping.lua:1: in function 'plugin_fun'
	.../luci/controller/luci_statistics/luci_statistics.lua:38: in function 'v'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:1206: in function 'createtree'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:694: in function 'menu_json'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:795: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:478: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:477>

Question: Is there any way to repair any damage or just reconfigure everything again?

Edit 1:
Looking for similar error messages I came across some cases involving package updates, however, at no time have I done any package updates on these routers.

Thank you all!

I don't think there is a function called retusn in ping.lua. My guess would be that either a bit in the flash got flipped so return became retusn, or the buffers / lines that are used are damaged. I'd try flashing it again to see if the flash can be set back to what it should be. This may fail with some form of verification error if there is damage to the hardware.

IanC

I honestly don't know what could have happened...

I edited the "ping.lua" file through ssh and changed "retusn" to "return"...

When testing again, it worked immediately.

I appreciate all the help received, but really, I don't know what could have happened, since, even with the software problem, the hardware and the router functions were operational...

I would suggest to flash the same version of OpenWrt over the currently running one again (or, if you're behind the current version, to take this opportunity to upgrade at the same time) - and to audit the running configuration as well (export a configuration tarball and check the config files for obvious issues).

Is not necessary...

The router works normally..., The Luci now, works normally too...

Thanks friend!

That's weird. I'm guessing power surge managed to flip a bit on the NAND without triggering any CRC? Or is it possible it was a flip in RAM affecting configuration and it was flushed back by the user or automatically by UCI?

Either way, no way to guarantee that was the only data/memory that flipped.

1 Like

“Power peak” is a very diffuse thing in this case. If we talk about a ligtning strike as “power peak” then these problems on this unit is only the beginning of the problems coming to this device.

Generally if the power supply peak is so big that all the protections devices already in place to begin with didn’t protect the inner core of the circuit board. Than the inner core of the circuit board is fried and the symptoms you talk about is the signs of heavy damage ESD symptoms, if the device completely dies today or in tree weeks doesn’t really matter because you will probably really soon have other strange memory problems etc. on this device.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.