Problem connecting to the Internet via WI-FI

Hello
I have a TP-Link TL-MR6400 v5 modem.
After installing openwrt which I downloaded from the link below

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/23.05.0/targets/ramips/mt76x8/openwrt-23.05.0-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_tl-mr6400-v5-squashfs-tftp-recovery.bin

I can connect to the modem through a network cable and with the address 192.168.1.1. But when connecting to Wi-Fi using a mobile phone, the connection is established, but it is not connected to the Internet.
In the case of connecting via cable, it does not connect to the Internet
please guide me.
Thanks

did you configure the LTE modem inside the router, after installing openwrt ?

or is your 6400 connected to internet via a cable ?

1 Like

did you configure the LTE modem inside the router, after installing openwrt ?

No, please guide me to do it

or is your 6400 connected to internet via a cable ?

no

1 Like

thanks for your answer
As I said, the modem does not connect to the Internet.
That is, before I installed openwrt, it was connected to the internet through the LTE SIM card, but now after installing openwrt, the modem cannot connect to the internet.
Please guide me in the first step to connect my modem to the Internet so that I can do the required packages and the next tasks.
Thanks

temp share internet from your cell phone and do

network -> wireless -> scan -> join

put the new connection in the wan firewall zone, make sure your WAN subnet isn't the same as your LAN subnet.

now router got internet access, follow the guide.

thanks for your answer
With the advice you gave, I was able to give internet to the modem via mobile phone and I updated the packages as well.
But my next problem is not connecting the SIM card inside the modem to the Internet.
Please advise in this regard.
Thanks

the SIM doesn't connect to anything, SIM = Subscriber Identity Module.

if you want further assistance, provide details.

I mean, when I put the operator's sim card into my modem, I can't connect to the lte internet

That's still only "it doesn't work" kind of info.

I did these steps:
1- opkg update
2- opkg install kmod-usb-net-qmi-wwan uqmi luci-proto-qmi kmod-usb-serial-option picocom
3- reboot
4- ls -l /dev/cdc-wdm0
This is the output of the above command

crw------- 1 root root 180, 176 Apr 3 13:15 /dev/cdc-wdm0

navigate to Network → Interfaces, then Add new interface… → Protocol: QMI Cellular, Interface: “cdc-wdm0”

Add new interface to /etc/config/network

config interface 'wwan'
option proto 'qmi'
option device '/dev/cdc-wdm0'
option apn 'internet'
option pdptype 'ip'

As you can see in the photo, the QMI Cellular section has no sending or receiving.
If there is something I should do, please guide me.
Thanks

1 Like

Is your APNs name really internet, or did you simply duplicate the config from the wiki, without giving it any thought?

Did you also https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/wwan/ltedongle#manual_validation ?

Thanks for your reply dear friend
With these steps that I wrote below, I was able to activate the Internet SIM card (LTE) in the TP-LINK MR6400 V5 modem and connect to the Internet via the modem's WiFi.
1- opkg update
2- opkg install kmod-usb-net-qmi-wwan uqmi luci-proto-qmi kmod-usb-serial-option picocom
3- reboot
4- ls -l /dev/cdc-wdm0
5- Navigate to Network → Interfaces, then Add new interface... → Protocol: QMI Cellular, Interface: "cdc-wdm0"
6- Enter your APN and select the IP type as instructed by the carrier and assign the firewall zone (wan) on 'Firewall Settings' tab

Is there another step I need to do?

If it works, it works.

1 Like

Thanks for your guides