Problem compiling openwrt-22.03 for TP-Link Archer A7 v5

Hello,

could someone please help me with the errors i am getting when attempting to compile openwrt from the openwrt-22.03 branch?

I am running Debian 11 (bullseye) as my OS and have installed followed the build system setup guide here to install all necessary packages before attempting to compile openwrt:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/toolchain/install-buildsystem

I've added below the steps i am taking to compile openwrt as well as the make menuconfig settings i am choosing.

make menuconfig settings:

Target System (Atheros ATH79)
Subtarget (Generic)
Target Profile (TP-Link Archer A7 v5)

Steps taken to compile:

git clone https://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/openwrt.git
cd openwrt
git pull

# Select a specific code revision
git fetch --tags master
git pull --tags master
git checkout openwrt-22.03

./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a
make menuconfig
make download
make -j$(nproc) V=s

Error i am seeing:

1788 entries written to /home/slick/git/public/openwrt/staging_dir/hostpkg/share/terminfo
** built new /home/slick/git/public/openwrt/staging_dir/hostpkg/share/terminfo
** sym-linked /home/slick/git/public/openwrt/staging_dir/hostpkg/lib/terminfo for compatibility
installing std
installing stdcrt
installing vt100
installing vt300
finished install.data
/home/slick/git/public/openwrt/staging_dir/host/bin/install -c ncurses-config /home/slick/git/public/openwrt/staging_dir/hostpkg/bin/ncurses6-config
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/slick/git/public/openwrt/build_dir/hostpkg/ncurses-6.3/misc'
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/slick/git/public/openwrt/build_dir/hostpkg/ncurses-6.3'
mkdir -p /home/slick/git/public/openwrt/staging_dir/hostpkg/stamp
touch /home/slick/git/public/openwrt/build_dir/hostpkg/ncurses-6.3/.built
touch /home/slick/git/public/openwrt/staging_dir/hostpkg/stamp/.ncurses_installed
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/slick/git/public/openwrt/package/libs/ncurses'
time: package/libs/ncurses/host-compile#26.66#7.31#49.57
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/slick/git/public/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:110: /home/slick/git/public/openwrt/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/slick/git/public/openwrt'
make: *** [/home/slick/git/public/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:230: world] Error 2

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! Thanks y'all!

Start over by only build with one core make V=s. You didn’t give much build log data but “2 error faults” is almost always a download error somewhere above your log insert.

But you must include the log all the way up to the actual error that pulled the plug. What we see now is only the end of the braking and stopping of the building process. But what actually pulled the plug is always in plain text somewhere above the log you gave us.

2 Likes

I apologize for the late response. I had to put this openwrt project on hold for a bit. I started over and this time just built with one core as you suggested. (make V=s). This worked. Thanks for your help!