Private Internet Access VPN

Hi.
Trying to configure Private Internet Access VPN on OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r20629-01e2184c49 / LuCI Master git-22.245.77360-10bcb22.
Using PIAs instructions got me a new IP address and 3 DNS servers, 2 of which were Cloudflare's and 1 of PIA's. (I have 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as LAN custom DNS servers.) I've made changes to my network and firewall settings based on suggestions I've seen here and elsewhere, but nothing results in a new IP address plus just one DNS server with an address almost identical to the VPN IP. (Which I get on my Android TV devices and while using an Asus/Merlin router.)
Can you suggest a fix for the DNS leak?
Thanks in advance.

rubenkku had the answer! I had read it before but the name of the file he said to replace has changed enough that I missed it. After backing up my config I tried the change and it worked.

Here is rubenkku's reponse to another having dns leaks:
Hi, you are wrong removing the file /resolv.conf.auto
You need to edit the text on this file: /etc/config/dhcp
You will see a text line: option resolvfile ‘/tmp/resolv.conf.auto’
Delete this line and then write:
option noresolv '1’
list server '8.8.8.8’
list server ‘8.8.4.4’
Save changes, reboot router, check dns leaks, enjoy

Here are my edits:
Go to: /etc/config/dhcp
Find the text line: option resolvfile ‘/tmp/resolv.conf.d/resolv.conf.auto’
Delete it and write:
option noresolv '1’
list server '8.8.8.8’
list server ‘8.8.4.4’
(Rather than 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 I used the addresses of my VPN supplier's DNS servers)
Save changes, reboot router, check for dns leaks, enjoy.
Thanks, rubenkku. U rock.

Started having DNS leaks again. Will be trying another suggestion shortly and will post the result.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.