Porting to MEN NM50 mobile wireless access point

Hi there,
I just want to announce that I have started to port LEDE to our NM50 using the current git-sources.

Overview of the NM50 device:
The NM50 is a fanless and maintenance-free mobile wireless access point with IP30 protection designed for use in rolling stock and automotive applications and harsh environmental conditions. It can be used as IOT & Gateway Computer or WLAN Access Point.

Main Features

• NXP PowerPC QorIQ P1013, 800 MHz
  • 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports on M12 connectors
  • 1 USB 2.0 Type A port, 1 USB 2.0 Type B port
  • Up to 6 antennas on RP-TNC connectors
  • Wireless LAN according to IEEE802.11b/g/n
  • Aluminum housing with IP30 protection
  • 40°C to +85°C operating temperature
  • Dual RF, simultaneous 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band support
  • Ultra wide range power supply input, with interruption class S2
  • Uboot bootloader

NM50 Details

Currently, we deliver the NM50 with a modified version of OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05. Now, we plan to move from OpenWrt to LEDE during a maintenance update of the NM50 firmware.

Our goal is to get the NM50 patches into the mainline LEDE sources to reduce the time to provide our customers updates of the NM50 firmware and to provide anybody the possibility to built individual firmware images for the NM50.

I'm following the great LEDE development documentation (thanks for that!) and appretiate any advise to do this job and how we can support LEDE.

We hope that the remerge of OpenWrt and LEDE will be based on LEDE and that it will come soon.

Dieter Pfeuffer, Software Engineering,
MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH, Nürnberg, Germany

Hi all,
unfortunately, our company decided to discontinue the MEN NM50 mobile wireless access point.

MEN focuses on computing and networking platforms for harsh environments in mission critical and even safe applications. Therefor MEN cuts older products where maintenance costs would not be in line with the expected revenue.

Dieter Pfeuffer, Software Engineering,
MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH, Nürnberg, Germany