Porting the MikroTik SXT Lite5 (SXT 5nD r2) from ar71xx to ath79

Gaah, i discovered that after mapping swphy0 to eth1, the traffic on that port disappeared between PHY and MAC, probably due to GMAC1 driver reconfiguring its interface to 100Mbps speed, when the link to builtin switch should be fixed at gigabit. This is jut my wild guess, I'm not sure what's the cause, or what broke that, because I remember having traffic in this configuration, while still working at initramfs stage.

Edit: I looked into the code and I think I know how to fix it. I might submit a RFC patch soon.
@rogerpueyo please see here: https://github.com/Leo-PL/openwrt/tree/ruckus-zoneflex-7372, I added a hack to ag71xx driver that makes this function.

I am (perhaps foolishly) attempting to understand what it will take to bring a fleet of ubnt AirGateways forward from 19.x to mainline. Is there a checklist of things you should do to go from ar71xx to ath79?

Does this page on the wiki help?

I think it's about porting the device. I don't recall this one from being available in ath79. I think that reading through this topic: Porting guide ar71xx to ath79? - #36 by lucize would be more helpful.
@dtaht AirGateway is built with AR9331 and looks very much like other XW boards.
In such case, most of the work would be extracting the system configuration from board file in ar71xx, writing the device tree for ath79, and then porting over the image build configuration from ar71xx. Looks like 4h for experienced developer :wink: Cute little device, BTW.