Port up and down - causes rubberbanding! (Netgear R6220, 18.06)

I'm on LuCI openwrt-18.06 installed on my Netgear R6220
Everything works fine besides one issue. I get consistent rubberbanding (10 to 60 second intervals) in online games (TF2, Gmod, etc)

I thought bufferbloat was the problem, so I installed SQM and it's effective at reducing bufferbloat, but the rubberbanding persisted.

I looked at my system log and noticed that everytime it would rubberband in-game, this appeared in the log:
mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 4 link down
mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 4 link up

I tried switching ports and using different cables, but it still affects every device connected.
I've searched but haven't found any real solution to this problem. Please help!

Does it happen only during gaming and only on this specific pc that you use to play games?

It only noticably affects gaming, and happens on every PC connected, not just mine. I'm certain the message that shows up in the system log is the source of the problem. However many times it's rubberbanded, that is how many times the message is shown.

The message just says that the port went down and up, like exercising the jack.
Since you mentioned that it is happening to other PCs in the LAN, does it happen at the same time to all of them or in waves?
Can you leave a ping to run in all of them to see if there is any correlation?

It turns out that 2 LAN ports were broken. I had to use the remaining 2 ports to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.