============================================
icache: sets:512, ways:4, linesz:32 ,total:65536
dcache: sets:256, ways:4, linesz:32 ,total:32768

##### The CPU freq = 580 MHZ ####
 estimate memory size =64 Mbytes
RESET MT7628 PHY!!!!!!

Please choose the operation:
   1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.
   2: Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP.
   3: Boot system code via Flash (default).
   4: Entr boot command line interface.
   7: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via Serial.
   9: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via TFTP.
default: 3

3: System Boot system code via Flash.
gpioMode1 Reg: 0x571504c4
gpioMode2 Reg: 0x5550555
tplink_turn_off_led
## Booting image at bc020000 ...
text base: ffffffff
entry point: ffffffff
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... LZMA ERROR 1 - must RESET board to recover
cid reg:00010102, cid:1[04040C08][04040C0B]
DDR Calibration DQS reg = 00008786

DDR Calibration MEMCTRL reg = 0E120003

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Nov  4 2019 - 18:23:06)

Board: Ralink APSoC DRAM:  64 MB
relocate_code Pointer at: 83fb8000
Use New Uboot
Use New Uboot patch lock_dcache addiu $12, 0x1000

Doing tftpboot and then bootm at 0x82000000 results in lzma error 1

Sysupgrade boots but does not have luci installed. Is it possible to get lzma error 1 fixed?

1 Like

Hello to all,

first I want to thanks andy for the effort that he puts on porting OpenWRT to this kind of devices.

After flashing and by email Andy told a long ago that LuCI is not included and the access is only via SSH.
kind of rusty on SSH commands I've managed to add via UCI network.lan.gateway and network.lan.dns to be able to update and then install LuCI.

now, after updated all the packages when trying to install LuCi I got this error:

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install luci
Installing luci (git-20.074.84698-ead5e81) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/luci/luci_git-20.074.84698-ead5e81_all.ipk
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci:
 *      kernel (= 4.14.172-1-6f04f589906cf4c860bcc71ce33e18f2)
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.

I've thought to myself, maybe I need to install the Sysupgrade file on /tmp, but doing that gives me this error:

root@OpenWrt:/tmp# wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7620/openwrt-ramips-mt7620-tplink_re200-
v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
Downloading 'http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7620/openwrt-ramips-mt7620-tplink_re200-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin'
Connecting to 176.9.48.73:80
Failed to redirect to /snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7620/openwrt-ramips-mt7620-tplink_re200-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin on downloads.openwrt.org
root@OpenWrt:/tmp#

what am I doing wrong?

cheers!

EDIT: RE200 V1

You can only install packages within a short timeframe after flashing the snapshot build, so your intention to upgrade was generally good.
You are very lucky it didn't work: If I'm not mistaken, the current snapshot is still broken and bricks your device if you don't have access via WiFi (LAN does not work, just read through a few previous posts).

I suggest you wait a few days and then try again. The download works on my machine, btw.

oh my... I've flashed my RE200 in March, if I recall correctly. It's the same snapshot that is broken, is it?

many thanks, I'll wait for a new one then.

EDIT: i understand now, Snapshots are release as a daily basis. I've take the risk to install LuCI with '--force-depends' and I can access to it, need to check if the interface works..

EDIT2: well, after all configs done on the LuCI, AP set up just fine, access to the internet all good, settings saved as well.
After unplug from the outlet to a better position, no wifi.... when I connect again the ethernet cable to my pc I was shocked. no LuCI no nothing even the pw vanished from ssh.

Do i need to do an extra step, somewhere?

Hello!
Please, could somebody explain me, how to get to the interface of RE200 after successfull upgrade of firmware to OpenWRT? I have no idea how to do that, no address open it.

Read through this thread and read the Wiki. It's no fun answering the same questions over and over again.

1 Like

thank you for your assistance, but maybe there are kinder users, who could explain how to solve the problem.

I've already installed the daemned software, gave ssh access but it doesn't help, there is no access to 192.168.1.1

Snapshot build doesn't have luci (webui) and wifi was disable by default. After flash openwrt, you need to connect using ethernet to access ssh. then you can install luci or enable wifi.
to install luci:
opkg update
opkg install luci

I connect it with ethernet to PC? When I do it I lose connection and opkg update tells me that failed to establish connection, failed to download.

Can't install packages, but why? I have a connection, I don't understand what the program wants((

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/telephony/Packages.gz
Failed to establish connection
*** Failed to download the package list from http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/telephony/Packages.gz

Collected errors:
 * opkg_download: Failed to download http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7620/packages/Packages.gz, wget returned 4.
 * opkg_download: Check your network settings and connectivity.

It wants you to check your network connectivity:

* opkg_download: Check your network settings and connectivity.

Please post the output of

ping -c 10 8.8.8.8

Please use the "Preformatted text </>" button for for posting this output here in the forum.
grafik

EDIT: See also: https://openwrt.org/faq/failed_to_download_wget_returned_4

my output of ping -c 10 8.8.8.8 is in russian, but the main thing it says that -c is wrong parameter(( 

Just a short fyi: I have stopped providing downloads for openwrt-imagetool until a stable release of OpenWrt is available. You can still build from source. There are several reasons for this:

1. There is no recovery mode in the bootloader and the device is welded together. If anything goes wrong, it needs to be disassembled which usually leaves marks on the device.
  2. This is a development thread and users hijack this thread for support on installing OpenWrt on their devices or, even worse, for general advice on configuring OpenWrt.
  3. All current OpenWrt builds are snapshot builds. They are intended towards developers or power users who really know what they are doing. Providing an installation tool at this time invites beginners to try the snapshot without going through the learning and research process first.
  4. Manual installation steps are provided on the Wiki anyway.

Hi can you please advise how did you mnage this issue? I have the same problem.

When you get the message “Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for…” it is most likely because you installed a snapshot version of OpenWrt.
Read https://openwrt.org/faq/cannot_satisfy_dependencies for possible solutions.

1 Like

Thanks for the Reply,
I have already sorted everything out.

For those who need some help on installing LuCi follows my experience, my RE200 it's connected to a router:

First follow how to flash the Snapshot using the tool that OP have created
Then Log In in via SSH to the RE200 and then:

uci set network.lan.gateway=IP OF YOUR ROUTER
uci set network.lan.dns=IP OF YOUR ROUTER
uci commit && service network restart

ping to check connectivity.

How to use force mode to install LuCi;
opkg update
opkg --force-depends install luci

When log on LuCi flash the Upgrade file. It's normal if you lose LuCi and all configs.
type 'ls -f' to check if network.lan.gateway and dns are listed if not:

uci set network.lan.gateway=IP OF YOUR ROUTER
uci set network.lan.dns=IP OF YOUR ROUTER
uci commit && service network restart

Now you can install LuCi the normal way and all configs are stored even if powercycle.
opkg update
opkg install luci

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Hello, I'd like to know if someone could guide me to reconnect to this repeater.
I'm using Windows 10 x64.
It seems to be that flashing went OK, but I'm not able to connecto to it anymore via web, time wait doesn't end. I was used to connect to 192.168.0.254.
Thanks in advance!

You have installed a snapshot image. Read the link for instructions how to install Luci, which is not installed by default in snapshots.

1 Like

Thank you so much @tmomas

I managed to enter via SSH, with Ethernet cable and using "ssh root@192.168.1.1" from PowerShell, which replied "root@OpenWrt:~#"
Then I inmediatelly called "opkg update" while it's still connected via Ethernet cable, but I'm also connected to WiFi, directly from my Router,

I can see there were 7 attempts to download different packages, but all answered with famous "wget returned 4", telling "opkg_download: Check your network settings and connectivity".

How could I properly set these parameters, in order to be able to download and install these packages? I haven't set any IP address/DNS from Windows10 network settings, yet.

Thanks in advance and sorry for all inconveniences...

...I obviously took this too easy and ran without brakes, because I was too optimistic about how RE200v2 is growing, however, I didnt take in mind that my knowledge about OpenWRTactually works is pretty limited..

I'm so sorry, Dear good people.

1 Like