Port forwarding lan to lan

No.... I never said this.

Of two machines connected via a router? And you claim not to be trolling me? Here ya go!
A---router---B

Would you like to apologise for this? Is this an appropriate response to someone who is seeking your help? Obviously, if I knew exactly what I was doing then I wouldn't be posting here would I?

Lloyd's of London are an insurance underwriter, not a bank :man_facepalming:

Oh, so you did read my question!

Oh no, I guess you didn't

I was never trying to RDP to the locked down device, RTFQ

No you didn't. Because you left off the src_dip, without this all traffic is matched, also you didn't mention anything about the static route that was needed.

I have explained myself 3 times, plus my solution was 80% correct in the first place.

Wait, which is it? 1. I gave a satisfactory explanation of the problem and you gave me the solution. Or 2. I didn't explain the problem so you couldn't give me a solution. :laughing:

ctrl+f; "static route"
no matches

No, I'm not. Suggest you read up on OpenWrt firewall configuration.

I guess some people will never learn.

BTW, your diagram is missing the IP to a bank/insurance company or whatever.

Yes you are, this IP only shows up in 3 of your posts...and not even once in the link you posted. I guess you really don't understand, wow.

No.

Yes, you failed to answer my questions and said I was trolling.

It's clear you don't wish to apologize. And you still don't get why you had to add that public IP from a FINANCIAL institution to your routes; or why you had to add it to your rule.

It's ok...don't worry about it. Glad you got it working, no matter how convoluted the solution is.

EDIT - maybe this will help my point (if it makes it worse, please don't worry about answering):

Screenshot%20from%202019-10-13%2009-10-21

If it's not a public IP, how can I reach it then? (tracerotue also has a path)

Because... it's... not... part... of... my... network. Nor am I trying to connect to it! You are the only one who appears to be fixated upon it.

Actually, I completely understand this. It would appear that you are the one who doesn't understand this.

Whois and traceroute! Wow your knowledge of basic networking tools is formidable. (I never said it wasn't a public IP)

is a public ip address.

1 Like

He knows. LOL, a reverse troll!

(and he finally answered me!)

:laughing:

(The WAN IP of the router would also do the same thing...but he's using some arbitrary public IP and making a route, just to port forward this IP to a NATed LAN address.)

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.