Port forwarding for Gaming

When I was chatting with Battlefield V support they mentioned that its server syncing issue and other user had similar problem. I was given this

Blockquote
Please find below the advanced trouble shooting steps below:
Hold down the Windows Key and press X.
Click Command Prompt (Admin).
When the command prompt opens, type ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Reboot your computer to get the new settings merged in your system.

But procedure is not helping,

The thing I have done on the screenshot is helping but from time to time scope disange again

If I Open ports like on above picture

And enable those ports by doing tick next to them problem is resolved

My problem is different is opening ports under traffic rules TAB compromising my network?

Traffic Rules are for networks not using NAT. If NATing is involved, use Port Forwarding.

So to directly answer you: Traffic Rules should not be needed for this use case.

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone participating and helping me with this issue and for your time. I will do some further testing but the game is way better since ports are forwarded. I have followed vgaetera instructions regarding syn_flood but I'm not able at this stage to confirm if this helps, possibly it did but I have no way of verifying. lleachii thank you for information regarding Nat, for some reason game was behaving better when both options where applied but maybe it was just coincidence. Thanks again you are very helpful have a good day

Opening ports like you have in the second screenshot is pointless, because you allow input to the router, but you want to allow the flow from WAN to LAN.
So for IPv4 you need the port forwards as you have in the first screenshot and if you are using IPv6 then you'd need to traffic rules to allow forward from WAN to LAN.

1 Like

FYI remember to restart network services on your router AND your device that needs ports' forwarded AFTER you apply the port forwarding.

apply port forwarding
restart router / restart firewall
restart device / node

Hello people, see if they help me with this.
How can I open all the tcp and udp ports, what should I do with a DMZ? type create a rule with these ports 1-65535?
or it is convenient to open the ports of only the game, it is for the Apex Leyends https://portforward.com/apex-legends/

If you have only one PC/device that acts as server in your network, then you can forward everything to that device. Otherwise forward only the ports that your server needs.

and how could I do that ?, I'm new to this and it's hard for me to understand, from now graccias, greetings from Argentina

You can read the documentation here.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/firewall/fw3_configurations/fw3_nat#port_forwarding_for_ipv4_dnat

1 Like
3 Likes

Podrías mandar una captura¿?
Could you send a capture?
Sorry, I'm new to this: /

Send a capture of what?

I think he meant a screen capture of how to set it.

you haven't explained what @trendy brought up. Are you playing online or only on your local network?Maybe @eduperez can tell to you in Spanish?

I cannot conceive that a game could need to forward so many ports, that is insane. I would bet that "article" was created by some spam boot, and there is no facts at all to support those claims.

Please, state what issue you are experiencing, instead of asking to implement some absurd solution

1 Like

Hola, bueno les escribo en español, soy de Argentina. La idea mía es abrir los puertos de un juego llamado Apex https://portforward.com/apex-legends/, para ver si mejoro el hit osea los golpes de impacto de las balas. soy nuevo en esto de configurar puertos etc tengo un router linksys x32 y queeria aprovecharlo al máximo

This a translation into Spanish of my previous post:

No me entra en la cabeza que un juego necesite abrir tantos puertos, es absurdo. Apostaría a que ese "artículo" lo creó un robot, y en realidad no hay ningún fundamento detrás de lo que se explica ahí.

Es mejor que expliques qué problema tienes, en lugar de pedir ayuda para implementar una solución absurda.

No soy un robot, soy humano XD
Y ya deje linkl de los puertos que quiero abrir, o si saben de una config Gaming para jugar en competitivo, asi los puertos udp van con prioridad, no se si me explico.
los puertos del juego Apex Leyend son estos

Apex Legends - PC

• TCP: 1024-1124,3216,9960-9969,18000,18060,18120,27900,28910,29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124,18000,29900,37000-40000

Hola alguien me puede ayudar?

@NeMe_FuUuRyyyyY
If it's the same question you had last year, then do as @lleachii mentioned in the post

For port range, you can add them as one rule. For separate ports, you make a rule for each one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.