Port Fordwarding - Forza Horizon 4

Ok so heres the jist...

Want to play forza horizon 4 - Xbox live multiplayer reports Nat = Moderate
- Server connectivity = Blocked

Resulting in offline play only.. (sad face)

I know my networking is the issue...
I'm running luci and my network layout is as follows..

ISP router 192.168.1.1 (ISP isnt blocking any ports)

Linksys Router with Luci - WAN 192.168.1.2
- LAN 192.168.0.1

I know i have to forward ports.. but port which to what ip's and what to edit in the luci firewall etc...

help.. lol

Does this help?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Ports required to use Xbox Live

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

Note Some game developers require you to open additional ports. You should always check the game developer's website to see if the game you're playing needs additional ports to work. We've gathered some ports you might need and have added them to the Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming forum.

If you're connected to a network through your workplace or school, ask the network administrator to open these ports.

If you receive a NAT warning when you connect to Xbox Live, see the Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution.

1 Like

Nope not at all...
My issue seems to be communication between my 2 routers and the luci firewall..

That and if i am to forward a port from my ISP router - what do i point it to... internal pc - or to the linksys WAN ip or the linksys LAN ip .. ??

Are you using an ISP provided Modem/Router combo? If so google how to put it in bridge mode then you will only need to setup one device to port forward. Googling will give you many good examples.

I would first try to avoid your current the double-NAT configuration. If you cannot, remember you must forward ports on the ISP router towards the OpenWrt router, and from there to the XBox's address.

2 Likes

Ok so just a update... didnt have to do anything to my network.. works fine on Nat type moderate, no port forwarding required on either router... Irony is, even after xbox/microsoft support help the problem wasnt resolved...

But after observing that my windows time was incorrect and then correcting it, it worked fine... hows that for silly..

So for future reference to anyone who has this issue of Nat type - moderate and server connectivity blocked, check windows time is correct...

1 Like

giggling because time in my win10 install is wrong everytime i boot it.
sometimes so far off that ssl certs are invalid and startmenu wont open (because it apparently wants to connect somewhere).
"good times"

dunno why it'd be deleted, could help someone in the future..

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.