Port for priorize netflix stream disney amazon prime on router

hello everybody i would like priorise port like netflix for me

what iptables use and wich port please i have exemple like this

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p udp -m multiport --sports 19302:19309 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "google" 
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p udp -m multiport --dports 19302:19309 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "google" 

## boost webex to CS4 

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p udp --dport 9000 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "webex" 
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p udp --sport 9000 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "webex" 

but i don't have idea for better stream quality for mini connection adsl 4mega dl like same iptv box thanks advance

agree... if anything... with really low bandwidth you'd likely want to slow down/de-prioritize streaming...

also... expediting critical stuff and clamping bulk will get you infinately better results than just upping video... ( a middle teir traffic generally speaking )

2 Likes

I am not sure there is much you can do with that connection:

2 Likes

I tried to use the webex remarking similar to the OP, but am getting hung up on the firewall complaining about the "--dport" argument.

I connmark on forward of a new connection, then remark traffic when we see that connmark as packets are forwarded within the connection so they land in the Cake DiffServ4 video tin.

Here is the code

# Identify outbound TCP & UDP traffic from any device with destination port 9000 and mark the connection with the value 30
iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -o eth0  -p all --dport 9000 -j CONNMARK -set-mark 30

# Identify outbound packets on connections with a connmark of "30" and tag the packets with DSCP 30 (AF33)
iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -o eth0 -m connmark --mark 30 -j DSCP --set-dscp 30

and when I reload the firewall, I get this error:

iptables v1.8.3 (legacy): unknown option "--dport"

Platform: x86_64 with 19.07.8

Any ideas why I can't specify the destination port?

1 Like

hello try this

## boost webex to CS4

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p udp --dport 9000 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "webex"
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p udp --sport 9000 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "webex"

i have modified to the ipt daniel tag